Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking?

"Third shed In Progress"

Re: Whats cooking?

20gal is fine for adults.

Never shed

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHSNAKE View Post
    Scott got the "aztec" from me. Thats not what i called them so who cares what Scott called them
    Hi! What did/do you call them?
    And are the connected dots (sometimes creating black stripes) above the lateral stripe required for them to be called that? Or just connected pattern along the dorsal? I was under the impression that individuals with stripes along their dorsal but dots above their laterals didn't quite fit the bill, and they needed stripes along both their dorsal stripe and their lateral stripes

The female gave birth to 12 healthy scrubs last week. Only 3 have any connected dots above their lateral stripes. And only one with as much as the mother.

Never shed

And I present... The zipper radix! A line of reduced stripe resulting in stripes that look like zippers! Female dropped 6 babies and 5 have the zipper. Maybe with line breeding could produce full stripeless! As the babies start feeding regularly ill be making 3 or 4 of the 5 available
    IMG_20180707_154721081.jpgIMG_20180822_122240374.jpgIMG_20180822_122254660.jpg

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reedsbreeds View Post
    Hi! What did/do you call them?
    And are the connected dots (sometimes creating black stripes) above the lateral stripe required for them to be called that? Or just connected pattern along the dorsal? I was under the impression that individuals with stripes along their dorsal but dots above their laterals didn't quite fit the bill, and they needed stripes along both their dorsal stripe and their lateral stripes

The female gave birth to 12 healthy scrubs last week. Only 3 have any connected dots above their lateral stripes. And only one with as much as the mother.
    I called them "Striped" if you look at the picture on scotts website thats exactly how it looked...striped. The reduction of the pattern formed a stripe.

And like you, i also thought they had a pattern that looked like tetratenia...which are "striped" lol, anyways if you could have that pattern in a red albino form you'll have one awesome looking radix!

Never shed

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHSNAKE View Post
    And like you, i also thought they had a pattern that looked like tetratenia...which are "striped" lol, anyways if you could have that pattern in a red albino form you'll have one awesome looking radix!
    Hmm, I think the title striped could create a bit of confusion. Just talking about lateral and dorsal striping I feel anyone but garter experts have a hard time following me! Lol
    And yes! In red albino would be some seriously high quality animals! Apearantly it's not that easy of a look to reproduce though. Would take a few generations to get the full 9 or 11 striped look!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedsbreeds View Post
    Hmm, I think the title striped could create a bit of confusion. Just talking about lateral and dorsal striping I feel anyone but garter experts have a hard time following me! Lol
    And yes! In red albino would be some seriously high quality animals! Apearantly it's not that easy of a look to reproduce though. Would take a few generations to get the full 9 or 11 striped look!
    ??

Old and wise snake

Does anybody have anything interesting in the works for the up coming breeding season??
    Let us know " What's cooking " LOL

Oh yes...lots of projects. Every year is bigger then the last. But no Thams

"First shed In Progress" woody44's Avatar

My current garter projects are all T.e. vagrans

1.0 het T+ X 0.1 het T+ (produced here by w/c T+ male)
    1.0 w/c T- albino X 0.1 huge normal (hopefully lots of big healthy hets)
    1.0 poss het melanistic X 0.1 normal

Lots of Crotalus pairings also but that's it for garter pairings this year.