Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Never shed

Re: babies decay snakes eating questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdravko092368 View Post
    You could give them a basking spot but they are crepuscular so they don't need it too much, mine did bask every other day or so for a little bit but they aren't big baskers, mostly hunting as it gets dark.

They can go a month or more without food but they will get pretty weak at that point. Just keep putting worms in there for them and leaving it overnight, chopped into very small pieces.

Hopefully you get some rain and it brings out the worms or slugs.

So far they seem too be loving the worms when they in the hide pass 3 days sense i did that they been going in there every night and just taking them right down lol.. And the ones that wasn't going in there i just pick them up and put them in there and after awhile they ate too

Looking at them they all seem too have a small bulge in there tummy caught 2 tonight fighting over one they both snap at it and was doing a tug together than one won and the other one tried too snap it out the other one mouth and gave up and went for the other pieces lol..

And yep still no luck for worms or slugs in my lot yard even after tons of rain.... But i did go down my other place that i use for storage and there was alot of big ones so i got a good bit of those which i will just chop up for now. Doesn't make sense when you need small worms or slugs they not there but when you don't need them they show up lol..

Should i be doing this every night? Sense i had them i always put the pieces in there and left them overnight but i also don't want too over feed them. So far from what i see each snake takes 1 piece than either go drink water or goes too sleep after. Didn't want one snake hoging all them up but been keeping a eye on that.

Quote Originally Posted by gordesky1 View Post
    So far they seem too be loving the worms when they in the hide pass 3 days sense i did that they been going in there every night and just taking them right down lol.. And the ones that wasn't going in there i just pick them up and put them in there and after awhile they ate too

Looking at them they all seem too have a small bulge in there tummy caught 2 tonight fighting over one they both snap at it and was doing a tug together than one won and the other one tried too snap it out the other one mouth and gave up and went for the other pieces lol..

And yep still no luck for worms or slugs in my lot yard even after tons of rain.... But i did go down my other place that i use for storage and there was alot of big ones so i got a good bit of those which i will just chop up for now. Doesn't make sense when you need small worms or slugs they not there but when you don't need them they show up lol..

Should i be doing this every night? Sense i had them i always put the pieces in there and left them overnight but i also don't want too over feed them. So far from what i see each snake takes 1 piece than either go drink water or goes too sleep after. Didn't want one snake hoging all them up but been keeping a eye on that.

Feeding every day is fine. They would be hunting every day. Just don't over-feed them.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Never shed

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post

Feeding every day is fine. They would be hunting every day. Just don't over-feed them.

So far they been doing fine and going in the hide and snapping them up and time they done when i look they all pretty much have little bulge in their tummy.

Have sad news tho:/ went too check on them in the morning and noticed one just was laying outside the hide not moving... So i went too touch him and pick him up and yep hes dead:/ The weird thing is he was a active eater cause he has a bulge in his tummy... was moving around fine like 5 or 6 hours ago... Seems like he died just like the other one 3 days after birth..

Should i be feeding them one by one or having them all together going in the hide good? I know i saw some did take 2 pieces one time which the ones that did is doing great. But im not sure if that's what killed this one or what or maybe he had issues from birth..

Pretty much i cut up a piece for each snake every night than put it under the hide and usely move the ones that doesint go in under it and than just leave them alone and check on them a few times after that..

maybe i should skip a day too feed them?

Never shed

Have some good news and bad... bad news ony have 5 babies now even tho they ate they pretty much died one after another one over the pass weeks which i don't get it... they must've had something wrong with them.. and i did hear you can usely loose babies for no reason.. idk

The good news the 5 babies are going strong and getting bigger and eating each day like crazy i sometimes skip a day when they eat a good bit that day.

Is it common too loose babies for no reason? now i am worrying about one of them again tho at the moment.. pass couple days i noticed one of them going after the worms but hardy opens his month big enough and pretty much pushs and goes crazy with it around .. But than sometimes he will get it in his month and take minutes too start chewing.. hes active just like the others tho.

Oh right now they in a 5gal tank with paper towl which i change every 3 too 4 days got a plastic tree in there which they always go on after they eat and a hide for their food dish even tho they been eating right in the open lol and their water dish. when can i switch too dirt like the mama snake has?

And when do they start mating? they about 1 month and 2 weeks old now and i want too prevent that lol.. also hard too tell which ones is males and females at the moment.... But i would like too separate the males and females before that happens. or do i still have time too do so? Cause at the moment they seem too like being with each other they usely lay by each other or lay on each other lol..