Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: "GIANORMOUS" concinnus and ordinoides

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrel26 View Post
    very beautiful snakes!! if i ever go to the US ill have to visit you lol

You're welcome to. It's completely on the other side of North America from you, but if you want to visit, you're welcome to. Come in April or May. Best time for garter herping.

Subadult snake

Those snakes are just beautiful. Some day Id like to take a long road trip and see all different sorts of garters and if a couple should sneak into my car i would be ok with that too lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Big girls pics. I'm sure you can tell which one's which:

This girl is 3.19 feet, or 38.38 inches(97.48 cm) (used snake measuring program) Width of her head at it's widest point is 0.7 inches. That's a big girl. Weight will be recorded later. EDIT: [Weight 175 grams]

This girl is 2.5 feet, or 30 inches.(72.2 cm) width of head 0.45 inches. EDIT: [weight 95 grams]

Does that seem right? I'm not so sure. I took them to my vet and set the scale to kilograms.(weighs to 3 points beyond decimal) conversion to grams is obviously not difficult. I keep hearing of girls weighing over 400 grams. Somethings not right. These are heavy, solid girls.

So far, the big ordinoides girl hasn't eaten. Going to try giving her a safe, private container with night crawlers. The big concinnus girl ate a small bullfrog about a week ago and again a few days ago. She miscalculated and tagged me on the hand. I don't know who was more surprised, me or her? I obviously can't keep up and continue a supply of bullfrogs but it's early yet. I'm sure she'll come around. If not, I can always buy frog legs I suppose.

I've had no luck finding frog eggs so far. I found bullfrog eggs in the past and raised them from eggs to half-dollar sized tadpoles in less than 8 weeks. I'm hoping I can find more eggs soon. It is still a bit early for bullfrog eggs here. They typically breed in June.