Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kleos journal.

"Third shed, A Success"

Re: Kleos journal.

I just bought "a friend" for Kleo. It's male african house snake (L. fuliginosus). Of course, I won't keep them together, I'm not THAT mad. It's a truth what they say, you never can have too much snakes. Gosh, I'm so excited, that I just can't wait for monday, when he arrives. How should I call him? Ramzes? Amon-Ra? Aphophis? I like the middle name. Anyway, frozen mice, here I come! Hope Kleo will take a sample from Amon and will be digging them up.

Sorry for offtopic; it's Thamnophis forum, I know.

And Kleo's extremely pissed at me, because I was trying to watch her tail for sexing thing. Do garters have very good memory? :/ Damn, I KNEW I shouldn't do that. :/

I think they remember things well.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"Third shed, A Success"

Dang. I suspected that. My relationship with Kleo is ruined.

Treat her to a nice bouquet of pinkies or box of night crawlers and all will be fine until the next time.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

It's not ruined, respect her privacy a bit and redeem yourself by giving her something you know she loves. Treat her like you would a woman, they love that
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

"Third shed, A Success"

Kleo doesn't eat pinkies nor nightcrawlers. Fish only. I will try to cinvince her with fish scent though. But I doubt in success with that. She's quite picky.

3 days ago I fed her with swordtail (unlucky pal of Lucky).
    It seems it's OK now. She doesn't bother to eat smelts though, so I had to trick her and put into water dish live guppie - she missed it of course and ate smelt instead. My old trick to make her eat them. She eats smelts sometimes without my help, but it's quite random. One day she eats them after few minutes of them lying in the dish, other day at sight (when I'm moving them in a dish with tongs), and once she ate one directly from tongs. But mostly when she strikes at guppie and miss it. Apparently she doesn't like frozen smelts much. Anyway, she is much calmer now and even basked on her root. I hope that after few more days she'll forget about my sins and start to eat smelts without tricking her. So help me God.

Cheers.

Put your foot down and order her to do things your way.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

"Third shed, A Success"

I would end as always. Me doing her bidding that is.

Anyway, in a few days, she'll have a neighbor, the african house snake male. It isn't a real problem probably, but is this possible, that their scent will stress any of them? They will probably smell each other, so that's why I'm asking.

Moreover, I just spotted an opportunity to buy her a friend, probably a female (60 cm long), because males usually don't grow that big. I'm not sure though, because in last month I spent huge ammount of money for animals (Kleo to be specific - and Amon, her future neighbor) and I'm starting to realise, that I'm kinda insane. Anyway, do eastern ribbon snakes feel better in groups - or better leave them on their own?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Anyway, do eastern ribbon snakes feel better in groups - or better leave them on their own?
    Don't know specifics on Eastern Ribbons but as a rule I've found most garter are more calm in groups.
    In my opinion.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

"Third shed, A Success"

SPRZEDAM THAMNOPHIS SAURIUS (1671116901) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro
    (polish "ebay")
    Well, check this beauty. Those eyes are fixed on me, forcing me to do her bidding. Buy me, buy me, she orders...

Anyway, the seller says (in this offer), that those snakes get 120 cm big (LOL!), this speciment is 90 cm long (LOL!), that she was born in captivity (in his breeding, to be precise; never heard about breeding them in captivity), eats frozen fish and pinkies (yeah, right). After a loooong phone conversation, he claimed that she's way smaller (like 60 cm, but I suspect that she's the size of Kleo) and cannot sex her because of his ill eyes (never seen that coming).

So, guys and ladies, what do you think? Right now the price is (around) 25$ but will probably be raised.