Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: Mysterious Orange Goo

Adora is still throwing jellies, and she's been with us now for over 2 months. I'd guess the longest gap between them has been around a week, some days she's pushed out 2, but there's generally a day or two between them.
    I can't feel anything hard or lumpy in her abdomen, or at least nothing that doesn't seem normal, and being a new snake to me I don't have a benchmark for how she feels.
    She's not eating great, just pinkies when she's hungry and actively refusing salmon and trout.
    Do I have any reason to be concerned about the prolonged period that she's been throwing jellies?
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

As long as she's eating, drinking and pooping I think all you can do is wait for the process to end.
    What do the jellies look like? normal?
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Jellies look like wet pieces of orange goo, consistency is similar to a set honey (wet but holds together, sticky but not too sticky, translucent but cloudy, seems to have a very fine granular texture).
    She's not eating a lot, but that could just be her, she's taking a couple of pinkies in a feed (I think she would have had more last feed, but I wanted to see her pass two as she regurgitated a couple the previous time she ate). When she's eaten she's pooing. No sign of dehydration.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

I've only ever found dried up jellies. Mama is good about hiding them in plain sight. I'm blind though... I always lose things that are in my hand, it's no different with what's in the snake tanks. I want to see a non dried jelly just to know what it actually looks like.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

I agree with Steve in the fact that you probably just have to wait for all of this to come to an end...if she is in some sort of extended delivery situation, it could explain the fasting...Cee Cee has been done with delivering the stillborns for several weeks now...but she still hasn't eaten. She had no desire to eat during the entire process. Still, I might be a little concerned at this point, Chris. Even with Cee Cee's tendency to drag delivery out...she never took more than 3 weeks to get everything passed. If it were me, I would probably put a call into the vet. Just my opinion.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"First shed In Progress" nitrogen15's Avatar

Tiger was done passing her beans in a matter of days. I can't remember exactly, but no more than three or four. Her appetite wasn't affected at all. If it takes multiple weeks you might have internal infections or inflammation to contend with. That's based more on my fish and bird experience, but it probably applies to garters as well. Take care.