Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Blue puget roadblock....

Time will tell whether the stress of the disability will cause problems. Hope he lives a long life and helps produce many scrubs.

Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Time will tell whether the stress of the disability will cause problems. Hope he lives a long life and helps produce many scrubs.

Thanks Steve. Yes, we'll see how he does moving forward. I thought he was going to have to be put down just before the vet visit last week and the breeding. He does have more normal crawling when he's relaxed. Then other times , as when I reach into the tub to clean and change water he gets stressed and starts crawling very fast and awkward. The corkscrewing also is still a issue intermittently.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

image.jpgSo, it's been some time since I posted about my male blue puget who suffered quite a bit previously with the thiamine deficiency disease. He is doing a lot better now but has a permanent disability. He's eating , drinking, eliminating. Shedding has been normal and in one piece so far. The disability is a permanent head tilt and the occasional abnormal crawling and corkscrewing. Some days are better than others for him and me. On a much lighter note, he successfully secured his legacy by producing 3 amazing scrubs from his pairing. 7 babies originally produced but 4 stills. This is a pic of 2 of the male puget blue scrubs.

Sorry for the poor quality pic. I will post a couple better ones later. Thanks guys. The male parent as already a proven breeder when I acquired him from Steven Bol overseas. But now his legacy continues here in America.