Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697

Thread: Marnie's Snakes

Re: Marnie's Snakes

Wow that sounds pretty extreme Sorry to hear about all the bites lol
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Ehhh....I was fine an hour later. Didn't even leave any lasting marks. Yeah...you certainly can't feed wiggling, jumpy babies on your lap...lol. It is going to be a total pain if I have to separate them. It already takes me about two hours to feed everyone because I have to move snakes to feed tubs and all of that. If I need to separate the babies, I will have to buy more tubs and it will take that much longer to feed.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Banned

Now you know what I go through raising concinnus litters. First 3-4 weeks or so things are rather peaceful. They'll eat from a dish as a group with no problems then one day, every feeding becomes WW3. Now imagine feeding 90 of them acting like that.

Okay everyone...this update is long overdue. All of the snakes are doing well. Interestingly, Cee Cee passed 27 jellies the other day...I didn't even know she was gravid again. I had my suspicions a while ago...but then I figured I was wrong. But a couple of days ago, she started getting restless and digging like she does before she gives birth...and I said, "You better not have a bunch of babies because I can't take care of any more!"...guess she listened, because she only passed jellies. She passed the amount that is about the same as the litters she has...close to 30. The twins that I found...Peanut and Snapper...have adjusted better...they aren't so skiddish anymore and eating now. Ziggy is still skiddish as always...but boy does she love to eat! Hermes and Possum hide most of the time, as per usual for them. Sammy, the red radix from Steve, has gotten pretty big. He does have what looks like a small growth on his back, which I need to get a pic of and post for some feedback. Seeley is doing well. Sadie is fat as all get out! She is such a sweetie. The babies are big...they are a year old now...and I really need to get sexing pics up so that I can decide where to put them...they will need to be separated so they don't breed. I haven't had any further mite issues, thankfully. I left all of the snakes in the care of my neighbor for five days while I was away visiting family...the boy who loves snakes and brings me garters that he finds. He did an excellent job caring for them.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Glad to see you on and your snakes are doing well.
    Tell the young care giver "nice job"
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

I will Steve...Sadie is pretending to be an Amazon Tree Boa today. She is all curled up at the top of her plastic tree under her heat lamp and she looks so cute. Will try to get a pic.
    Marnie

Niiice.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee