Thread: Scale problems?

Hybrid View

Hi, I'm New Here!

Scale problems?

Just recently my garter snake boy started developing bent belly scales that look like they're bent open. Not like they're falling off, but bent up. And I don't really know what to do about them from what I know he hasn't come in contact with anything that can hurt him, but if anyone knows what this is or how it's caused so I can fix it, I'd really appreciate it.

Re: Scale problems?

Sorry to hear your snake is having a problem.
    A photo would be great also some history on the snake and your setup. What kind of substrate are you using?
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Is it an adult or a baby? Has it been in with a female? When was the last time it shed? I'm with steve on this one we need some more info and a pic would be very helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by allyneko223 View Post
    just recently my garter snake boy started developing bent belly scales that look like they're bent open. Not like they're falling off, but bent up. And i don't really know what to do about them from what i know he hasn't come in contact with anything that can hurt him, but if anyone knows what this is or how it's caused so i can fix it, i'd really appreciate it.
    Bluesirtalis

Hi, I'm New Here!

I'll get a few pictures, but for the answers, he is a male, a baby, hasn't shedded yet and hasn't been with a female.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Has the snake shed recently or does it look like it's about to shed? Could be something to do with that... Like has already been said, pictures are needed to give you much help on this.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis