Banned

Private message tracking

Can someone explain this feature?

Re: Private message tracking

Where do you see this feature?
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Banned

Really, Steve? You have to ask?

Go to your private messages. Inbox will do just fine. Left pane.

I did figure out what "message history" button does (you see that when viewing a reply to a private message) and it's extremely useful!

But I don't know what message tracking is for. If I click on the button, it just says "you are not currently tracking any messages".

This is from the FAQ's on private messages.

How do I track messages?

When you send a new private message, you may have the option to request a read-receipt. This lets you check whether or not a message has been read by its recipient. To do this, go to the 'Message Tracking' page.
    This page is divided into two sections: unread and read messages.
    The unread messages section shows all messages that you have sent with a read-receipt request, that have not yet been read by their recipient.
    The read messages section shows all messages you have sent with a receipt request that have been read and acknowledged by their recipient. The time that the message was read is also shown.
    You may choose to end the tracking on any message you choose by selecting it and clicking the 'End Tracking' button.
    When you receive a message with a read-receipt request, you may have the option to read the message while denying the read-receipt request. To do this, simply click the 'Deny Receipt' link rather than the title of the message, if it appears.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Nifty.

Banned

Yeah, tell me about it. Sure could have used this information while I was selling snakes this season. I just had no idea the info was even here anywhere, and I just now discovered the "message history" function on my own so I got curious. Wow, both these features are sure going to make things easier.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    This is from the FAQ's on private messages.

How do I track messages?

When you send a new private message, you may have the option to request a read-receipt. This lets you check whether or not a message has been read by its recipient. To do this, go to the 'Message Tracking' page.
    This page is divided into two sections: unread and read messages.
    The unread messages section shows all messages that you have sent with a read-receipt request, that have not yet been read by their recipient.
    The read messages section shows all messages you have sent with a receipt request that have been read and acknowledged by their recipient. The time that the message was read is also shown.
    You may choose to end the tracking on any message you choose by selecting it and clicking the 'End Tracking' button.
    When you receive a message with a read-receipt request, you may have the option to read the message while denying the read-receipt request. To do this, simply click the 'Deny Receipt' link rather than the title of the message, if it appears.
    Umm... this sounds great and all, but this says nothing about how to apply tracking to a message before I send it. Going to the message tracking link you gave me simply goes to the same page I've already seen and it tells me I'm not tracking any messages. I know this. But I want to track one and can't figure out how to do it.

Sorry this wasn't more helpful. I know nothing about message tracking but will look into it.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

Banned

Thanks Steve.

EDIT: I think I found it. At the bottom of the private message editor in advanced mode there's a box that says "request return receipt" . Even if that's not it, sound like it will serve my purpose.

Banned

Yeah, that was it. And I just realized this was probably in the wrong section. I should have put it under "questions about forums"