"First shed In Progress" snipstedy's Avatar

Brumation/Hibernation

I am in the process of moving and am keeping my young T. Sauritus at the other place (30 min from my new place) and so I had the idea already that it would be good to let him go into hibernation mode, seems most natural I guess. Now being in the process of moving and dealing with everything it would be easier to let him just hibernate so I wouldn't need to tend to him for a bit. How is the best way to have them begin? Is it typically best to leave the heat mat but turn the lamp/emitter off ? Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Re: Brumation/Hibernation

It generally takes awhile to safely get them into brumation; how long are you planning on being in the process of moving?

EDIT: I'm a grad student so 'moving' may have a totally different meaning for me than you Just thought about that
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

"First shed In Progress" snipstedy's Avatar

Re: Brumation/Hibernation

Sorry to take so long to respond with moving and all schedule has been mixed up... I just yesterday got him to the new place. I think the drive has him stressed b/c he's just sits in the corner (over night and half the day) Im going to see if he'll eat something later today. Just about finished moving though.Thanks for your help.