Stuck Shed on Head

Hello Everybody! It's been some time since I have been on this forum. I see it's not super active, so I hope someone sees this!

So I have a 1 month old baby ribbon snake that has a shed stuck on his whole head. By the time I saw him, his shed was starting at his neck, and I thought that he had already gotten off the head part. I had to assist him with getting off the body part of his shed, after a couple days in a moist moss hide, and not hardly any progress. While I was doing that I noticed a piece coming from the back of his head/top of his neck that is connected to his head. I can't see any where that it is started on his head and I don't know how to get it started.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
    Thank you!
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Re: Stuck Shed on Head

Also thought I should add, the piece coming from the back of his head is going backwards if that makes sense. Like it's not going down his body, it's going from the back of his head toward his nose.

With that being said, can you take it off backwards? It seems like that would hurt or injure them.
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie