Page 2 of 136 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Re: What music do you like... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cazador View Post
    Speaking of older music, it's hard to beat Louis Armstrong, James Brown, BB King, Otis Redding, Ray Charles, or Sam Cooke.

I listen to classical music the most
    There's also room in my world for Bob Seger, Eric Clapton, Van Halen, Godsmack, Rammstein, Three Doors Down, White Zombie, Tool, and P.O.D. among others.
    Rick
    I like this thread, although, I really don't see how classical music + Godsmack + Van Halen + POD = anybody. They're practically the complete opposites. But I do like a wide range of music (only forty years though, not 300). PINK FLOYD ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's my favorite band. I wish my dad bought those tickets, oh well, The Wall is good enough. I listen to it every car ride. But other than that I like 80's and Red Hot chili peppers.
    0.1 Jack Russell Terrier
    1.0 T. sirtalis

Everything...!

My favorites are George Strait and other country, Kansas and other classic rock, Tschaikowsky and other symphonic.

The genre that I listen to the least is Rap. I can't get past the way women are insulted by rap lyrics.

Maybe this makes me look like a diletanist (probably spelled that wrong)...
    KitKat
    "Acts of kindness should never be random."

"Preparing For Second shed"

Rap music... Don't hate!@ lol

Okay, I'm being totally sincere... are there any rap songs that will probably become "classics" and will be enjoyed 10-20 years from now? What are they? I'm looking for songs that might persuade a non-rap fan that rap music has merit.
    Rick

I'd say some of eminems songs, like lose yourself. But really, we have no idea of whats going to be a classic until we get there, then we'll know

With a big, nostalgic smile, I'd say that whenever Van Halen released a new album in the mid-80s, you knew it was gonna have classics. Rap's been around for a decade or more, so I'd think that some "oldies" would have stood out by now. Is "Funky Cold Medina" by Tone Loc a rap song? Maybe that counts? Brittany, maybe you could chime in here?

Never heard the song I live under a rock and listen to more recent rap. Young jeezy, T.I. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazador View Post
    Okay, I'm being totally sincere... are there any rap songs that will probably become "classics" and will be enjoyed 10-20 years from now? What are they? I'm looking for songs that might persuade a non-rap fan that rap music has merit.
    Rick
    I'm not a rap fan and I don't know much about the genre, but there are a few songs even I can listen to.

The most obvious "classic" would be Sir Mix-a-Lot - Baby Got Back, made just 14 years ago. I'm not saying that you would automatically like it, though. I guess a few old school songs could be considered classics, too.

How about "U Can't touch this" by MC Hammer? Is that really rap though? it's like rock/rap.
    By the way I h8 all rap
    0.1 Jack Russell Terrier
    1.0 T. sirtalis

Id say thats a rap song, and yea its a classic I'd say, not really a good song, just used all the time =)