Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Found on YouTube

I decided it was time to start a thread dedicated to animal and nature related videos and channels that people have found on YouTube and other similar video sharing sites.

A few basic rules:

- Include a short description of the video you're linking to.

- For now, just about any type of animal or nature video can be posted, the video doesn't have to be about garters.

- You don't have to post your own garter related videos in this thread. But if you find somebody else's, this is the best place to put them.

- Feeding videos are okay, but should be in good taste. If they wouldn't show similar stuff on your average nature show, think twice before posting it. However, that we are a bit more thick-skinned than the average person, will be taken into consideration.

- If a video clearly features animal abuse or glorifies killing, don't post it. If people in the comment section of that video have to declare that what's happening in the video is "nature", it's not a good idea to post it. If I hear Drowning Pool - Bodies, it's gone.

- If you've found a video that angers you, don't post it here.

- No rickrolling.

Decisions will of course be made on a case-by-case basis and the rules will be updated if necessary.
    Last edited by Stefan-A; 12-28-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Banned

Re: Found on YouTube

This is a good idea. I really enjoy the videos our members post. It would be nice to have them all in one sticky thread.
    So do you think it might be a good idea to move some other threads to this one? Such as these video posts: http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gene...servation.html

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gart...snake-guy.html

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gart...encounter.html

Or are we going to leave those alone and just post ours/others' nature/snake videos here from now on?

YouTube - Florida's Venomous Snakes (Part 1 of 10)

The first part of a 10-part series about... Florida's venomous snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    This is a good idea. I really enjoy the videos our members post. It would be nice to have them all in one sticky thread.
    So do you think it might be a good idea to move some other threads to this one? Such as these video posts: http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gene...servation.html

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gart...encounter.html

Or are we going to leave those alone and just post ours/others' nature/snake videos here from now on?
    We'll leave those alone and just stick to this one from now on. If something deserving of its own thread gets posted, I'll split the thread. Linking to them is okay.

Banned

I'll assume that commenting and discussion on the videos here is OK too. (subject to moderation of course)

Nice series of vids about Florida's vemomous snakes. It's nice to see them portrayed with some sense of neutrality instead of over-dramatizing the dangers due to their venomous nature like many shows do. You know, there was no "let the bodies hit the floor" soundtrack stuff going on. Nobody yelling "crikey!" and teasing them either.

I guess this is as good a place as any to post the latest feeding of my Pueblan milk snake, "Jewels" I replaced the audio (tastefully) due to my foul mouth and other reasons. (Okay, I farted. Let's not make a case out of it) JK.

That lousy substrate will be replaced in a day or two after she digests her meal a bit. Right now she needs her privacy. Good news is, no substrate was swallowed, the and the snake was uninjured and she now has a nice healthy bulge in her belly. I'll try to make it safer for the snake, and more humane for the mouse next time.

I know I made mistakes. I just can't be as awesome and as perfect as the snake. I can only hope to be wise enough to learn from them. After all, I'm only human!

Ironically, I'm posting part 2 first; the actual swallowing of the food. Part 1 is nearly 10 minutes long and well, is it really necessary to see that part? probably not. I'll leave that up to you since you know my youtube screen name. Part 1 is more revealing. She tries to eat my hand. Twice. But hey. I love her anyway.

Here's Jewels eating: YouTube - Jewels eats 12-28-09 Part 2

"Preparing For First shed" wadih's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    YouTube - Florida's Venomous Snakes (Part 1 of 10)

The first part of a 10-part series about... Florida's venomous snakes.
    I have just watched the ten sections.... It is a great movie. Not only the snakes and information is wonderful but also the film shooting is extremely pro. It is really hard to do such a movie especially since most of it was shot outside and not in a studio.

Thanks stefan for the film it is really good and helpful. Hope to see your next find on you tube

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

I'm loving this thread!!! I am quite the you-tuber!
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

I went through my own subscriptions on YT and tried to see who's been making herp/wildlife videos fairly actively. I tried to leave out those who are members here, they can do their own damn promoting. Could have sorted these people according to how interesting I find their videos, but that would have been boring.

So here some people who make videos:

Herping/educational videos:
    YouTube - despeleta's Channel
    YouTube - xxxHERPERxxx's Channel
    YouTube - kyreptilezoo's Channel
    YouTube - billflowers's Channel
    YouTube - ojatro's Channel
    YouTube - reptilewranglers's Channel

Reptile keepers:
    YouTube - viperkeeper's Channel
    YouTube - mikesreptilenclosure's Channel
    YouTube - HiImSteveDuh's Channel
    YouTube - faitiana's Channel
    YouTube - ErikPaterson's Channel
    YouTube - CaterpillarGiraffe's Channel
    YouTube - BallPythonLuver's Channel
    YouTube - RpLaIcHzEiT's Channel
    YouTube - ReptilesAndSuch's Channel
    YouTube - mack1time's Channel

Entertainment:
    YouTube - SnakeBytesTV's Channel

Banned

Wow. I didn't even get through all of the vids in the first link. Herp heaven! Not a lot different than herping in San Diego Co.

Banned

I shot this video in my backyard this morning. Squirrel foreplay: YouTube - Squirrels In Love