Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: YouTube videos in posts

Yeah, I use firefox too. I cant stand IE. More trouble than it's worth in my opinion. Can't you install a later version, or do they not allow that anymore?
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Well Chantel, in most cases it will update anyway without you having to do anything. Depends on your browser settings. Mine notified me of the update. Since flash player has been crashing a lot on me lately, I figured the update would fix it. Boy was I wrong.

Firefox is my default browser. Flash wasn't even installed for IE so I decided to give that a try. I installed it for IE using the installer (latest version) on the adobe website. Same thing happens.. Double vision. I'm so ticked off.

I even used their uninstall tool, removed all traces of it from the registry, then reinstalled. The problem persists and it doesn't even matter what browser I use.
    I replied to this earlier, but the post went missing. What I had written, was that this problem can supposedly be solved by turning hardware acceleration off.

Banned

Thanks Stefan but I did already solve it. Apparently Adobe archives older versions. I used their uninstaller, rebooted and installed an earlier version of Flash Player 10. I also blocked it from updating.

I had to reformat my pc and got the new update and it lags any time I watch a video or have anything flash related up. Lol, it seems like most updates, for anything, cause more problems than it's worth. That said, I'm to lazy to do anything about it.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Banned

Sometimes you amuse me Chantel. Too lazy.. LoL.

You have to consider that I'm a PC tech part time. For a living, I get other people's machines secured, clear them of viruses, tune them up for best performance, etc. I demand that my machine runs like a scalded cat and is free of any errors or performance issues. It's not that difficult to keep it that way once you get it that way. Some of the updates, even for flash, are security related and so I try to keep things up to date but when an update causes a major fail in performance like this one did, I cannot tolerate it! I would normally keep it up to date but when a bad app misbehaves, I gotta fix it even that means rolling back a version. You might say I'm a bit obsessed when it comes to this. I cannot tolerate a misbehaving app or less than perfect performance from my computer.

I like my pc running great too, hard with 6 year old stuff and the fact I'm a woman (multitasking too much). That's why I reformatted, I was getting less than favourable performance. Fortunately for me, the laggy flash doesn't affect my pc games or photoshop, so I'm all good.
    Chantel

Banned

Sounds more like slow downloading of the video, rather than an issue with flash.

Nope, got fast internet and I can tell when its internet lag. Besides, most videos have a loading bar, yes? It's more of an issue with it just... Well it's just stupid, that's how I'll explain what it's doing cause I'm sleepy... But I am 100% sure it's not the internet's fault. My internet is sensitive, you know... You hurt it's feelings.
    Chantel

Banned

You crack me up. Perhaps too many apps running or too many demands on the graphics processor, there's a lot of reasons why it could be happening.

I haven't gotten much installed... Basic things like Skype, Steam and MSN which usually aren't running, Firefox and 2 addons (adblock and removetabs) for that... And my drivers. I still need a lot more of my things installed but with the basics, I don't care if I'm lazy.

I'm kind of lucky you aren't like the Comcast person who said my internet slowed down because of my RAM. I had just got new RAM, 4 gigs and everything was fine, but it turned out they were just getting stingy and lowered the speed. Comcast has bad service. Hah.
    Chantel