"First shed, A Success"

Why is this forum dead?

Why is this forum so dead? It's a great resource, and I'm sad to see it so underused.

I see threads here with 1,000 and close to 2,000 views but only 2 or 3 actual responses.

I hope people can start posting on here again, and start answering threads or at least commenting if they can't provide a solid answer. Comments of support can help keep this forum alive.

"First shed, A Success"

Re: Why is this forum dead?

Who are all of these people who click on threads but don't respond? What do they get out of that? I wasn't expecting to so many people to click on this--44 views and 0 responses. I assumed everyone was gone. This only affirms my fears that people are lurking but not making an effort to keep this alive.

I get that you don't want to post on every thread you read, but if you like visiting a forum and it's dying, why not make an effort to post and keep it going?

Goodbye, thamnophis forum, it was good while it lasted.

"Preparing For Second shed" NikkiSixx's Avatar

Most people use Facebook now days. Some of us still pop on here to read old threads.

"First shed, A Success"

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiSixx View Post
    Most people use Facebook now days. Some of us still pop on here to read old threads.
    I'm on the Facebook groups, too.

Hi, I'm New Here!

I dont really want to get a facebook account.
    Its unfortunate they make it so hard to access information without one.

This forum and sSnakess has been disappointing for me.
    I may have to break down and make a facebook account.

"First shed, A Success"

Quote Originally Posted by DaBaum View Post
    I dont really want to get a facebook account.
    Its unfortunate they make it so hard to access information without one.

This forum and sSnakess has been disappointing for me.
    I may have to break down and make a facebook account.
    I hear you. It's unfortunate that these forums are dying out. I find them to be a better source of information than Facebook, and it archives threads well, which Facebook doesn't do at all.

This post alone has 475 views and only two comments from other forum members. I don't get it! Why are people so afraid to comment?

Good luck to you!

It has been a long time coming as this forum was started back in 2006, and grew well for over a decade. Lots of members posting about our hobbies and pets, but as time has gone on less and less people signup and less and less post. I had been thinking of merging the Thamnophis community into the sSnakeSs community, but at this point, I am thinking of shutting down the sites and calling it a day. It is a shame to see but it is what it is. Thanks for posting and asking, but really communities like these are here for the membership.

Jason
    0.1 Thamnophis Sirtalis Tetrataenia - deceased

"First shed, A Success"

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    It has been a long time coming as this forum was started back in 2006, and grew well for over a decade. Lots of members posting about our hobbies and pets, but as time has gone on less and less people signup and less and less post. I had been thinking of merging the Thamnophis community into the sSnakeSs community, but at this point, I am thinking of shutting down the sites and calling it a day. It is a shame to see but it is what it is. Thanks for posting and asking, but really communities like these are here for the membership.

Jason
    Do you own and operate both sites?

The crazy thing to me is that are 2,000+ views on this post alone, so the issue isn’t that people aren’t interested—it’s that they don’t get engaged. They don’t answer posts or create posts of their own.

I don’t get why people like to read but not engage. Don’t they know that means the forum will go away?