Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "First shed In Progress" nitrogen15's Avatar

Re: Mysterious Orange Goo

I was relieved to find this post. I ignored some funky squelching sounds from my garter's enclosure earlier. Apparently she was squirting out jelly beans and got them all over herself. At that point they were pretty smeared and smudged, so I wasn't sure what to think!

Wow...keep an eye on those girls and make sure they pass all of those jellies out.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"First shed In Progress" Reptiliancousin's Avatar

Yikes, sounds messy. My girl is looking much better now. I haven't spotted anymore smears or jellies in her tank. I hope that your girl's okay nitrogen15

Glad to hear she's looking better.
    You may be able to palpate her and feel if any are left.
    She may still pass some down the road or she may be done.
    Getting her back to normal eating and activity is all a sign that she took care of the issue.
    Keep us posted.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"First shed In Progress" nitrogen15's Avatar

Good to hear that your girl is okay. My gal hasn't passed any eggs since last night and is perked up. I cleaned everything and gave her a bath, so hopefully this is it.

Hi, I'm New Here!

I am another relived reader of this thread. Alice, my 4-year-old Albino chequered garter, had passed a huge quantity of jelly-like substance when I looked in on her this morning. This had never happened before. She is noticeably thinner, very active and keen to eat. There were so many jelly blobs that it's hard to imagine any could be retained and of course she has just eaten now so I am reluctant to palpate her at this stage, but she felt completely normal when I checked her before feeding. She hasn't been near a male at any stage. She is her usual self, always friendly and inquisitive and she enjoys a cuddle. She refused mice at her last meal and I'd offered her rat pups, which she absolutely loved. She has just had them agaiin. She has always refused fish of any kind. I was told she was a rodent eater when I bought her as a 6-month-old. I did offer her a varied diet in case that interested her but nothing doing. She was eating small mice until last time.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Adora has thrown the odd jelly over the last few days. I think she's passed 3, maybe 4, since she's been with us. The one this morning was the first one that hadn't been smeared, so I could see it clearly this time.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    Adora has thrown the odd jelly over the last few days. I think she's passed 3, maybe 4, since she's been with us. The one this morning was the first one that hadn't been smeared, so I could see it clearly this time.
    Realised that a photo of what I saw may be useful:
    IMAG0282.jpg
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Interesting. I'm used to seeing the more solid looking jellies. That almost looks like salmon poo.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Interesting. I'm used to seeing the more solid looking jellies. That almost looks like salmon poo.
    I actually put the first jellies from Adora down as salmon poo because they were smeared. This one can't be salmon poo as she's not eaten salemon for the last couple of weeks, and the texture is different to salmon poo (don't ask how I know about the texture).
    Chris