"Second shed, A Success"

i need to find URI medicene for my ball python

ok i messed up yet again and put my new ball pythons in the tank that tha albino with the URI was in,,now one of them in blowing bubbles like the albino was,,,so im sure they will all get sick,,i need to know where to get the meds at? online somewhere?
    1.1.0 T. s. parietalis 5.3.1 Python regius
    0.1.0 T. s. sirtalis 1.1.0 boa constrictor imperator
    2.0.0 Pantherophis emoryi
    0.1.0 Pantherophis guttatus
    1.0.0 Opheodrys aestivus

Edgy Exotic Reptiles EdgyExoticReptiles's Avatar

Re: i need to find URI medicene for my ball python

that doesnt sound good i say vet fast
    Email:reed@edgyexoticreptiles.com
    http://www.edgyexoticreptiles.com

"Second shed, A Success"

they want 70$ a snake just to look at them..so im hoping online i can get some meds for them
    1.0.0 Opheodrys aestivus

The first step is to get the set-up right, Brandon. Have a read up on Python regius, you'll find they need things a little hotter and drier than the tank you're using.

Very minor respiratory infections clear up all by themselves if the conditions are corrected. You must remember that all these snakes you're going through recently come from very different regions and habitats... you can't just take one out and throw another in. Their captive requirements differ depending on their natural habitat.
    James.

Hey Brandon,

Like James said, heat is your first resort. Unfortunately, we can't buy the antibiotics of choice to treat respiratory infections over the counter in the U.S. A vet will have to determine if it's gram positive or gram negative bacteria before prescribing the right antibiotic. I wish there was a better way, but I'm not aware of one (if heat doesn't work). Again, and like James mentioned, you need to thoroughly clean your enclosures with a 10% bleach solution in order to kill any bacteria that may be hanging out. Also, be sure to quarantine each of your snakes from one another. It's your best line of defense for any snakes that aren't already sick. Finally, be sure to consult the ball python experts at kingsnake.com (Kingsnake.com - Herpforum* > Snake Forums > Pythons: Ball). You might also want to call the folks that took your albino and tell them what's happening to your ball. It'd be a shame if the new python infected their other ones. Hopefully, they've quarantined it.

Rick

"Second shed, A Success"

i already told the new owners before they even took him that he was sick,,and she made sure that he was going to be seperated untill they could see the vet,,,so i made sure of that,,i took the snakes out this morning and looked them over,,this all might have been a scare,,now that i think about it,,he was in the water and i took him out and he made this noise,,,now hes not making it,,,and i held him and inspected him and the other snakes,,listened real closely and looked for bubbles,,nothing,,i will keep an eye out and am fixing to check again,,i added another heat light in the tank today to make the temps higher,,its now on the cool side at 84 degrees,,,and 91 at the high,,,i think now that the bubbles were from water in his nose from swimming,,but just in case i will keep a watchful eye out for them all,,and will be cleaning the tank from top to bottom this weekend,,,thanks guys,,
    1.0.0 Opheodrys aestivus