ReptiCon and other reptile shows

Hey! So I'm going to Repticon Houston (January 11-12). What's the likelihood of there being garters? Is anyone else going? Has anyone ever been to a Repticon show in other places? Has anyone here been to a different reptile show? Feel free to share your experiences. I'm excited to get to go! Even if there aren't any garters, maybe I'll at least get to hold a snake or two, talk to people about snake care, and take lots of pictures!

Re: ReptiCon and other reptile shows

Only in spirit.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Re: ReptiCon and other reptile shows

I hit a show just about every 3rd month. Went to the one in Winston Salem NC yesterday and they had albino checkered, and someone cross bred normal checkered w/florida blues but it looked like a normal checkered but still as cute as can be. But then I think all babies are cute no matter what it is.....except spiders. If you do pick up any living critter at a show make sure you check it out very closely before purchasing it. I even take along a magnify glass if I plan on getting something live. And ALWAYS quarantine before putting new ones in with established snakes, or any kind of reptile or amphibian that you may have.
    Mona (T.S. sirtalis) Melanistic
    Fiona (T.S similis) Normal