Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Marnie's Snakes

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Re: Marnie's Snakes

I think she meant internal parasites. Mites are external parasites like you richard haha.
    I had to man it was just too funny to pass up. IM JUST KIDDING AROUND.

Quote Originally Posted by concinnusman View Post
    mites are parasites..
    Bluesirtalis

Banned

Well, it was probably WC and I'm pretty sure all WC concinnus' have internal parasites so it doesn't surprise me. In most cases its not that big of a deal, but a heavy load tape worms and/or liver flukes...

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

I got some snakes in about two years ago that had an amoeba infestation and i don't wish that on anyone. They appeared healthy and continued to eat but their feces looked and smelled horrible and they just kept losing weight and then towards the later stages they started passing blood. I managed to save a few by treating them with flagyl. The thing is these guys that catch these snakes for resell alot of times don't care about the animals so they will throw tons of them in the same tank so parasites and diseases spread to all of them.
    Bluesirtalis

Well, Sadie still had mites on her after the shed. I have treated everything in the tank twice now. I don't know what the heck is going on. I just put the Mite Off on both girls. I even bought new stuff for the enclosure and treated it before putting it in. I have treated and changed the substrate twice. What the heck???
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Quarentine them in plastic tubs, maybe that'll help keep everything isolated.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

That's an idea. I'm going to see if this Mite Off stuff does anything. Of course, Cee Cee starting soaking right after I put it on her...so I will have to reapply it.

On another topic, Ziggy seems to be doing a bit better since she shed, but now I am concerned about little baby Athena. She doesn't look good. She is just lying around and slithering slowly...kind of sideways...and her tongue is flicking very slowly. I got her to eat a bite of food just now...but then she just laid there in the dish next to the food. I'm not sure she is going to make it...she is so tiny and thin. This sucks...she is so cute with her big eyes.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I'm so sorry for Athena. That's why I was afraid of getting a baby... So sad to loss them, and I learned very quickly just how fast you can get attached to the little guys. God bless.

That's what happened with Pumpkin. He started slowing down quite a bit.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Well...she is alive this morning and slithering around a bit more. She ate all of her worms. She goes back and forth...it's just hard to tell at this point. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Marnie

I hope Athena keeps going in the healthy/happy direction. I hate these kind of roller coasters, they can drive a person nuts!! Also hope you beat this mite issue.
    Mona (T.S. sirtalis) Melanistic
    Fiona (T.S similis) Normal