Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: big red worms

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: big red worms

Quote Originally Posted by acovert View Post
    He's with me at my house. He's not going back to my boyfriend's place. I just have to find a way to make my boyfriend see that this is best for Scar.
    If it's a problem I'd suggest an upgrade to a boyfriend who doesn't endanger your animals.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

I would never feed him those again...

Breakfast of champions right here...

That's basically all that I feed Suzi and now Xena... I would feed them fish but I don't trust it too much... I do however supplement with calcium and vitamins about every 5th meal...

Just a nice fine powder coat to a pinky butt... or a tiny bit on a 1/4 of night-crawler would do just fine...

Just stay away from those "European nightcrawlers" I don't know if they are fatal or what amount would be, but I wouldn't feed them anymore.
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

Scar is still fine. I am not worried at all now. And the good news is that he is permanently in my care, since my boyfriend broke up with me today (for reasons unrelated to scar, and stupid reasons at that, but whatever). There is no way that he can make any claim to Scar, and my family will not let him in the house while I am not at home, meaning that he will be protected at all times should my ex decide that he wants the snake back.

Unfortunately, Scar is stuck in a very, very small tank. Less than 5 gallons. Its a small critter ceeper from Petco, which I kept Cuddles in when I was living in Montana. It's good for traveling and for a single baby snake, but Scar can't stretch out or move much. His water dish takes up most of the cage's space. I'm going to try to get him at least a ten gallon sometime soon, but I have a lot of bills (had to take the cat to the vet - cost me a total of 650, had to get a credit card for it) so I have absolutely no money for it at the moment. Hopefully I can get him something bigger soon. I hate seeing him so cramped.
    Ashley
    1.0.1 T. ordinoides
    Cuddles, Scar

Consider a large tub with a lid for awhile.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Walmart sells 10 gallon tanks for 12.95... just throwin it out there

Edit: Also could grab paper towels for cheap substrate with easy clean up for a little while... would be ok..
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

My snakes live in a 26 gallon plastic tub with a lid.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.