Page 101 of 136 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1358

Re: What music do you like... ?

Marnie... Playing WoW...? No, I must be imagining things.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

I used to be a total gamer geek. I was a larper...well, I am still a larper...I just haven't been to a game in a while...but my character is still alive. I am actually pretty terrible at WoW...but I used to play a lot. I used to hang out with all the gamer geeks around here...but they refuse to grow up at all so I stopped associating with most of them.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

i'm on and off with wow. i'll cancel for a couple months and then resub a month. 85 warrior, 85 pally, lots of alts. i like tanking!
    mike

I just never get very far in it because I'm on and off like you and because I'm terrible...I can't even run straight...I bump into stuff and my friends make fun of me...ha ha. All my friends are always at really high levels and I'm like 7 or something...lol.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

marnie, have you ever seen "monster camp" or "darkon"? they're documentaries on larpers and their campaigns. i never got into it, but it does look like a lot of fun.

mike

"Third shed, A Success" aquamentus_11's Avatar

i had an 80 destro lock(belf) and an 80 enh shammy(troll) until i had to apply to schools....i was a pvpin' machine was never a gamer, but wow was a lot of fun. i could never really get into the whole raiding scene: too repetitive for me. all my buddies that i played with stopped too. pwning alliance cb's just gets too easy after a certain point
    Nate

1.0 Battlecat- Ted

No...Mike I haven't. I will have to check it out. Larp is definitely an acquired taste...you have to be quite the geek to pull it off...lol. I do a vampire larp...I can't get into all the fairy larps and stuff...way too geeky for me. It's pretty interesting...there are a lot of politics...political skeeming and plotting...there are people who play for the fighting aspects of it, and people who play for the social/political aspects. I play more for the social/political aspects. The character I play now is the governor of a city and her brother is the prince of the state...or the head vampire. You can travel and go to games in other cites too. This character is pretty powerful...she has a power called serpentis, in which she can turn into a giant snake. Lol...

All my friends who played WoW were into the whole raiding thing...I was never really good enough to go on raids...never really interested either.
    Marnie

"Third shed, A Success" aquamentus_11's Avatar

yeah, good loot but really dull
    Nate

1.0 Battlecat- Ted

a larper calling other larpers geeky darkon shows a lot of the political stuff. it's a pretty large group of people split into countries and they basically play tug of war with imaginary land masses, overthrowing kings, trading/bartering, assassinations, wars... and they take it super serious ingame and out. people breaking up and losing friends because of actions taken ingame.. kinda funny and sad at the same time. i'd totally be down for it if i could find a decent group.

raiding has changed in wow since the 40man stuff in the original game. raids are either 10man or 25man with normal and heroic difficulties. the latest raid and all raids to come have an easier difficulty setting if you join in the new raid finder tool they added toin a patch or two ago. with that said, i've only raided seriously back in the day with MC and BWL. that kinda burnt me out on the raiding scene.

mike

That's interesting to me because our larp has pretty strick rules about not bringing stuff out of game in game and vice versa. It's supposed to be a larp rule. I'm not saying it doesn't happen...of course there are social status things at play...but..you are supposed to avoid that stuff as much as possible...a good gamer is judged in part by how much they can keep out of game stuff out of the game. We have two big larps that run around here and a lot of people left the one because they think there is too much drama...out of game/in game crossover...popularity determining character status and so forth. I know I won't play in a larp that has too much out of game drama.
    Marnie