Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shedding tips

Re: Shedding tips

Sounds like a good plan.
    Only one problem. 30 minutes after the shed he'll feel like he needs to shed again
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

I can assure you the chinese boxes former contents are gone
    Will

"Preparing For Second shed" mark cope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -MARWOLAETH- View Post
    I never knew that pets at home sells reptile things...you learn new things everyday on this forum
    They sell loads of reptile stuff,which is handy as there one 5 mins up the road from me, they sell Beardies , leopard gekkos, corn, king and milk snakes.
    Plus they sell pinkies, fluffs etc.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Likewise, I have a P@H a short drive away. I wouldn't buy livestock from them, but they aren't badly priced for equipment and things. Our store has started selling snakes (no garters) and has been selling beardies for a year or so. They don't have a huge range of stuff for snakes (eg. they didn't have the hide you got Mark).
    When I move house we will be a 2 minute walk from the aquatic shop where our garter experience started, they're a little more expensive but will no doubt get a bit more custom from us out of convenience (and to support local business rather than a big corporate).
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Sound good...I'll have to visit it,its across the rode from a big Tesco so quite convenient.
    Will

He just shed both eye caps shed also he looks great (i cant take good pics with my old camera because it makes him look like an elongated slug and the bloody thing wont focus).I just got him to eat the back end of a pinky today which is also great,he shed 3 days after i noticed his eyes where milking over.How long does the process usually take?
    Will

.....he shed 3 days after i noticed his eyes where milking over.How long does the process usually take?
    I "start a clock" from when their eyes clear. That normally takes 3-5 days for all of my guys, normally closer to 3, but there's variation between individuals and even some variation from one shed to the next.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

My snakes usually shed a few days after the eyes clear...like Chris said, about 3 days later. I make sure that there is something that the snake can rub against in the tank...a nice log hide or coconut hide...something to help get the shed started. I also mist frequently to keep the humidity up in the tank. For my babies and problem shedders...I keep a moist moss hide in the tank at all times.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

That's odd because I noticed his eyes where clear yesterday and he then shed shed this morning
    Will

That's odd because I noticed his eyes where clear yesterday and he then shed shed this morning
    They all shed to their own timetable. For each shed I note when I noticed the same blue eyes, when they clear, and when I find the shed. Over The course of a few sheds you build up a picture for each snake which helps you pick up if there might be something wrong. Your chap has been quick from clear to shed, I'd wager that there's several others who have seen similar times though.
    Chris