Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    small town of Durand,MI. which ever direction you are going out of or town you wil going uphilll

Re: Orange Nebraska albino plains

Those look soooo AWESOME. Those would be great to have. Congrats on them.
    I wanted to Thank you Steve for your help with the heating pad.

I have 4 Easterns(mine: Furbie and Whiplash; moms: Diamond and Silky) all are 5 and half months old. So much fun gaters are.

Here is my female high orange Nebraska. I was told when I bought her that she came from Don, I have a male as well, but he never colored up. Can't wait to breed Richards "Amy" to her, they should make some amazing babies!!!

Again with the WOW!
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

Banned

It's my understanding that many "Iowa" albinos really aren't just Iowa anymore and the term is now just used on any T-. They aren't just descended from the original Iowa albinos. At some point, the Iowa was crossed with another T- from a different state and the two proved to be compatible. The orange color then popped up in the descendants but I don't think anyone is certain where this orange gene came from. With the red one's it's simple. They are red phase and albino. But there is no "orange phase" normals. There are no radixes with this shade of orange that are not albino. Kind of a mystery.

I did notice though, that the normal looking female I have from this line, has tiny flecks of orange showing through the normal color but you really have to look close and expect it in order to see it. I wonder if this particular orange gene is something that is normally hidden underneath layers of melanin and is only revealed once you take that away.

Banned

Obviously, expression of the gene varies too. Here's that orange one's sibling. Definitely not your typical straw colored T+ but not exactly screaming hot orange either. She has a lot of growing to do and is still not out of the "coloring up" stage though. This is Tango. (get it? "tang" still for sale BTW ) Coloring up pretty much like Amy did. I think by the time she's 2, she'll be just as orange as Amy. Almost there now.

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Purdy.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    It's my understanding that many "Iowa" albinos really aren't just Iowa anymore and the term is now just used on any T-. They aren't just descended from the original Iowa albinos. At some point, the Iowa was crossed with another T- from a different state and the two proved to be compatible. The orange color then popped up in the descendants but I don't think anyone is certain where this orange gene came from. With the red one's it's simple. They are red phase and albino. But there is no "orange phase" normals. There are no radixes with this shade of orange that are not albino. Kind of a mystery.

I did notice though, that the normal looking female I have from this line, has tiny flecks of orange showing through the normal color but you really have to look close and expect it in order to see it. I wonder if this particular orange gene is something that is normally hidden underneath layers of melanin and is only revealed once you take that away.
    I have w w/c female plains from Steve that has orange.... the orange popped up years ago in an Iowa albino in Scott Felzer's stock.