Page 341 of 608 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 6080
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

re: Other pets (pics and discussions)

Here is our current roommate, a co-worker of Coles' and it's his border collie Ronnie, that Shade has been playing with. Lewie in the background.
    100_0987.jpg

Shade looking at Cole, Ronnie looking at Piggy, Piggy attacking Shades tail. lol
    100_0991.jpg

Yin, the morphed tiger. Colors aren't shown up very well, her spots are almost neon green.
    100_1113.jpg

Yang, the juvenile tiger.
    100_1121.jpg
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

how long does it take them to morph? now i want one... lol!
    mike

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Morphing is different for each individual, I've heard they can stay in juvenile form for over a year. I got both of these tigers at the same time and they where the same size(Still are) and were both juveniles, then I thought one was getting sick, her eyes started bugging out n she kept shedding her skin n her fins n gills were shrinking! So I researched n found out she was just morphing. Her gills slowly were being absorbed, so I changed my tank to accommodate both forms of them... Yang is only just starting the get thicker arms, which is a sign of morphing, but his gills are still big n healthy, so I don't expect him to change anytime soon. Yin took about 2-3 months to lose her gills n be ready for the terrestrial life.

100_0112.jpg

100_0826.jpg

critters 009.jpg
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

that's amazing how they morph. they look like some sort of pokemon before they complete their transformation. thanks for sharing!

here's my female atb. hard to get a good shot of these guys without them grabbing my fingers!
    mike

corn snake

So an off-and-on friend of mine and her fiance have had this albino corn snake for years and I feel extremely bad for it. It must be twice the size of my Cuddles (if not more), but it's living in a tank that looks like it may be smaller than the one I have Cuddles in. All it has besides substrate is a water dish. I don't recall seeing a hide, but it may have had a small one. No one had even taken it's most recent shed out of the tank. Whenever I see it, it looks absolutely miserable. I don't think it even has a name or that anyone even knows it's sex.

Because I pity the snake enough, I told her that if she and her fiance ever agreed to get rid of it that she should contact me and I would give it a good home. From what I have been told it is not socialized much at all and will bite. It eats mice - live ones, I think. They take good enough care of their turtle - he has a huge fancy tank complete with goldfish that he can hunt - and their hermit crabs and cats. But the snake sits up on a high shelf and is pretty much blocked from view by other items that are sitting in front of it. It looks so unhappy.

I don't know if taking on a Corn Snake is the greatest idea for me since I am new to snakes in general, but I feel so bad for the poor thing. If I could find a bigger tank for him - even a cheap one - then I feel like I could make his life more comfortable. I may press the issue of her convincing her fiance to get rid of it. She hates snakes and mice and she wants it out of there. Consequently, that also means that she refuses to care for it, and her fiance can be a bit of a layabout. If she can convince him to give it away, I might take it.

I hate it when people treat their pets this way. Especially when it's just one pet out of eleven in the household (1 turtle, 1 dog, 4 cats, 4 hermit crabs...and untold numbers of fish...plus the snake).
    Ashley
    1.0.1 T. ordinoides
    Cuddles, Scar

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: corn snake

Sounds like a clear case of snake neglect. You shouldn't find a corn any more difficult than a garter, however with this particular one you don't know what problems you may inherit with it. Not that you shouldn't take it on, because I think any problems will be resolved over time if it is given the proper care.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

I think it's the best thing, Ashley...those people do not deserve to keep that snake and that snake deserves a better place to live. I once saw a rat living at a friend's house in horrible conditions like that..and I walked right in and took the rat. Well, the rat was worse, there were maggots in his cage...it was bad. Not suggesting you do that and get yourself in trouble...I'm just saying, get the snake out of there if you can. You can probably convert the snake over to eating frozen mice and calm the snake down...he probably bites, if he actually does, because he's scared and never is handled...and when he is, they probably don't handle him properly. But what about your family...what will they say?
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

they're easy to care for and you can probably get him switched over to f/t in no time. with proper handling, he'll calm down eventually.
    mike

Subadult snake InsanePirateDragon's Avatar

Yeah, no harder than a Garter, Corns are great beginner snakes. It was one of the snakes I looked into getting before kitty found Marley.

Bonniedale Farm Rescue snakehill's Avatar

My corns are a lot easier to feed! They never refuse a meal!!
    Joanne 0.1 T.radix Jade / 0.1 T.s.sirtalis Jett