Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Old and wise snake charles parenteau's Avatar

Re: R.I.P. - PinJohn

I'm very sad to hear about John !We lost a very important member....My condolences to John family and friends....

"First shed In Progress"

I only had the pleasure of meeting John once but he definatly left a lasting mark on me and will always be remembered. R.I.P John I hope there's a part of heaven reserved for herping, I'm sure we'll all meet you there some day

Anyone going to Donny in September, I think we all HAVE to meet up now and have a coffee in Johns honour.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion0151 View Post
    I only had the pleasure of meeting John once but he definatly left a lasting mark on me and will always be remembered. R.I.P John I hope there's a part of heaven reserved for herping, I'm sure we'll all meet you there some day

Anyone going to Donny in September, I think we all HAVE to meet up now and have a coffee in Johns honour.

What a wonderful idea. Raise a cup for me.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

SCOUSER

Hi Everyone,

This is Chris again, Johns son. I would just like to thank everyone for the kind messages received over the past week or so. Me and my family were touched by the truly kind words that have been posted about my father. Just reading through them was an emotional experience and plenty of tears were shed! (excuse the pun on a garter snake site.... i'll get my coat :-p ).
    Chris attended the funeral along with Char and i cannot tell you how nice it was of them to come. Chris passed my family a card and had gone to the trouble of passing on all the messages from this forum that members had posted about my dad. This was quite simply amazing and just to see how many members my dad had an effect one was unbelievable. Thank you all! He loved being apart of this forum, part of this community and the hours he would spend at the computer contributing were precious to him. So thank you all for your friendship and your kind words!

In memory of our father me and my brothers have arranged a couple of fundraising events. If anybody would be interested in donating to either, all funds raised will be donated to leukaemia lymphoma research (Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research - beating blood cancers | Myeloma Leukaemia Lymphoma)

Firstly my Brother John and Anthony will be taking part in a charity bike ride from Liverpool to Chester. Details here https://www.justgiving.com/John-McCann

A
    nd a couple of months later i will be running the Great North Run in Newcastle which is a 13 mile run (half marathon). I've never done a run before so the training starts now! https://www.justgiving.com/account/your-pages/chrismccann87

T
    hank you all for your support and a special thank you to Chris and Char who have been wonderful to our family, we wish them well with the baby on the way!

Thanks
    Chris
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

It was truly our pleasure. Chris.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

It was honestly a pleasure knowing your father, Chris. I will never forget him. Thank you so much for taking the time to read our posts. I am so glad that I had the chance to be friends with John through this forum. Thanks to Chris and Char for taking our posts to the family and representing our forum at the funeral. It meant so much.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Missing your weather reports in the welcome threads today John.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

"Preparing For Fourth shed" Spankenstyne's Avatar

Oh man. Don't know what to say, sitting here in tears reading this. I haven't had much time lately for much of anything and just logged in to see what the address was again to send my "get well soon" card. So sorry to hear this.

Deepest condolences to Chris & the rest of the McCann family.
    Chris

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

I was just reading back some of the posts in here, and found that one of the links Chris posted didn't work, but I've found a link to the McCann family's fund raising page:
    Remembering
    So far they've raised £3,464 for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research, with Chris still set to raise more when he runs his half-marathon in September.

I still miss the weather reports in the welcome threads, my weather reports are just a pale imitation.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

It's nice that you try to do that though, Chris...in honor of our dear friend. I miss him a lot too. We are thinking of you John! I'm sure you are running around in heaven with a coffee cup in your hand herping in the heavenly wild!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe