Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Sick concinnus babies... and sexing...

Holy cow, Kitkat. I'm really sorry to hear about your concinnus. Even though your ordinoides appear fine, I suppose you're already treating them with flagyl as well. Snakes have a good tolerance to it, and it's very effective against amoeba and protozoa. Prazaquantil treats tapeworms, and it's available from that Pet Revival source you gave to me. I also had great results with Fenbendazole to treat for nematodes (round worms). Tapeworms have an indirect life cycle, so they wouldn't/shouldn't build up to deadly levels in a captive-born snake, but nematodes have a direct life cycle. The Fenbendazole can be bought at almost any feed store that sells horse supplies. It's sold under the brand name Panacur. If you get it and want to use it, I'll help you with the proper doseage. Best wishes and condolences,
    Rick

Sorry to hear that.....sometimes I think it's really hard to bring little ones like that back from a bad situation. They seem to go down hill so quickly (as did my baby T.ordinoides).
    Roy
    0.1 T.s.pallidulus

Quote Originally Posted by GarterGuy View Post
    Sorry to hear that.....sometimes I think it's really hard to bring little ones like that back from a bad situation. They seem to go down hill so quickly (as did my baby T.ordinoides).
    Yes, I was thinking of the little ones you lost... guess I at least gave them a chance. I knew there was trouble afoot when the first one I bought died and the vendor replaced him... I mean how often does one have a herp die during the first two hours after purchase?!? I have since then heard a rumor that there is one vendor "in the back of the room" at our herp show, who always has sick herps... and I suspect now I know who it is!
    KitKat
    "Acts of kindness should never be random."

Yeh, I think Herp shows are a great place to get herps, but at the same time there are those who are going to try and take advantage of you. I've had some dealers totally blow smoke up my....ummmm....yeh, you know where I'm going with this.....like I totally knew nothing about reptiles at all! I guess anything to make a buck!
    Roy
    0.1 T.s.pallidulus