Page 935 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 4358358859259339349359369379459851035 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,350 of 14098
    I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Whining about it isn't gonna bring it back.

Get over it it isn't changing.

There are things I could complain about but what's the point? I don't like the new smilies. I miss me "# unread posts" link. I miss the being able to run this smoothly on my iPod.

But other than that it's still a darn good site, and looking at it with quality-wise, feature-wise, and technology-wise, it is now a better website. I would rather see it like that, then mope around for the old one that isn't coming back. This was a necessary upgrade to the newer version of vBulliten software, Jason spent good money to do it, and once the bugs are fixed, it won't have many problems I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    It's still the same site, with the same forum, the same people, and the same snakes. It just looks different. I miss some things too, but I look at the good stuff too, because it's not changing, and hating on it isnt gonna change that. The forum has been upgraded many times, the look changing each time, this is just the current look. The "other" one has come and gone, as will this one.
    Class dismissed.

it's the colour
    and I still don't like it
    it's institutional - like a hospital or a bank
    no matter how many times I go to these places I still don't like them
    there is no "getting used to" an unattractive environment
    Jeff tells me I may be able to do something with the appearance - like personalize it, but that will take work, and possibly money
    so I'll just duck in, wish people a happy birthday, keep my eyes on the keyboard, and duck out - just like at the bank or the pharmacy
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Ok so you don't like the color. Now you're not gonna use the forum because of it? C'mon. I understand completely, but that's over the top. Like I said, the old colors aren't coming back. It's the same forum, with the same people.

Since when do we visit the forum 'cause we like the color? I sure as hell don't.

Same people. Same community. Same Snakes. Same site. Differet color.
    Last edited by RedSidedSPR; 10-05-2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Stupid iPhone.

Juvenile snake

People on the internet complain notoriously about change. Facebook can't make a single change without half of their user base threatening to quit the site...then a couple months later, those same people would never go back to the old way (but they would never admit that either).

That said, you can probably run some browser plugins to customize the forums, if you have moderate knowledge of scripting (or know someone who does). I know someone who has done extensive browser-side optional customization to another message board system that I visit.

And the other possibility, is that they'll add built in skins to this forum eventually, so that each user can choose from a list of pre-arranged color combinations.

Change is something that's hard for a lot of people, its not just on the internet.
    Seriously, imagine having a fine and dandy life then, BAM! Your forced into living a life that is completely different. No one really likes that, especially when the change isn't a nice one.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    Change is something that's hard for a lot of people, its not just on the internet.
    Seriously, imagine having a fine and dandy life then, BAM! Your forced into living a life that is completely different. No one really likes that, especially when the change isn't a nice one.
    Facebook for example, one small change and BAM! hate groups are formed with like a million people

I think it looks great, one thing I'll miss though is the new post count, I'm used to logging in and seeing New Posts (50), now I just click new posts and I get suprised
    0.0.1 - Thamnophis Radix
    1.1.0 - Thamnophis Marcianus / 1.1.3 - Albino

Kibakiba...

Snakey, Thumbelina, Hades, Mama, Runt, , Pumpkin, Azul, Silver, Speckles(Specks), Spots

Who was between Runt and Pumpkin?
    0.0.1 - Thamnophis Radix
    1.1.0 - Thamnophis Marcianus / 1.1.3 - Albino

This isn't a nice one? Cause it ain't a bad one.

Exactly MB, I think everyone, If they use the site, will get used to it fast. Me? I'm over change. I've been on here enough since the change to be completely used to it. Other then a few features and links etc I don't even think about how different it is.

This is Thamnophis.com 2011, get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantar View Post
    Facebook for example, one small change and BAM! hate groups are formed with like a million people

I think it looks great, one thing I'll miss though is the new post count, I'm used to logging in and seeing New Posts (50), now I just click new posts and I get suprised
    New post count YES! That's what I've been saying. That's the thing I miss the most. I used to be able to go to Who's Online, that page refreshed automatically, and I could just see when there was a new post, now I have to click.

No biggie, though, I'm getting used to that too. Getting used to the emoticons also.

But I still say this "" looks goofy !LOL

Kantar

I believe it was Squirt, she got outside.

Sorry for the edit, I read your question wrong :P
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)