"Preparing For First shed"

First stupid feeding mistake.

WARNING! This doesn't have anything do do with Garter snakes. This having been said, I had my first stupid feeding mistake tonight after nearly 4 years of keeping snakes. I walked into my snake room with a heaping plate of mice, as usual and started off by feeding the Ball pythons. I just get two of the ball's put back in their tank when I heard a "THUNK" from the Carpet pythons tank and find the smaller male has the larger female by the head. I spent the next minute trying to get him off her, and get them both by the necks when he spit her out so they couldn't come back at me and stuffed the male back in the tank. I figured that since she was out already I'd give her a rat and set her down and turned away to grab the tongs when the female carpet grabbed the inside of my right index finger. It felt like about 20 flu shots all at the same time and managed to grab her again before she started coiling. She sat there for a good minute with my finger inside her mouth before spitting it out and giving me the "did I do something wrong" look. Thankfully she isn't fully grown yet, and measures at "only" 4 foot 7 inches. Much rubbing alcohol and neosporin later she got her rat, and all was well.

Re: First stupid feeding mistake.

Oops ... I'm glad you managed to stay on top of things.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.