Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enclosure rack

Re: Enclosure rack

rod, i think the new one would work a bit better. pretty much the same size as the ones i have. it'll give you more floor space for your snakes to explore.
    chris, i like your idea, it'll look nice if you incorporate the shelving into it.

get some progress pics as you build. will be fun to watch.
    mike

It's a bit more expensive but i think i could fit 3 in SxS
    ATB, Rod

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    chris, i like your idea, it'll look nice if you incorporate the shelving into it.

get some progress pics as you build. will be fun to watch.
    I think I'll probably do this over the summer, sometime after we've moved house to somewhere more roomy. It would be nice to have the snakes all together rather than scattered around the house wherever there's a surface to put a viv on. And with the wardrobe shells being fairly generic and in the same finish as all our other Ikea furnature it should look good, and I can start with one shell, then add another next to it...
    When I start I'll take pics of the build.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

As I have said a thousand times before, I wish I could build things. I have an Ikea bookshelf that would be perfect for something like you are describing Chris...but I can't build anything. The set-up I have now...the wrought iron shelving unit with the vivs on it...Cee Cee's viv actually sits down at floor level. Her viv is not the one that bothers me...it's Hermes' on top that is a pain...I have to get up on a step ladder whenever I want to do anything inside the enclosure. The other problem I have found myself facing is that because the shelves are wrought iron, the lights on top of each tank radiate heat and send it up into the bottom of the tank above. So I guess I am going to have to go and get some sort of insulation material and stick it on the bottom of the shelves with enough space to still let heat from heat mats escape.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe