Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Isis' diary.

Re: Isis' diary.

Good idea
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

"Third shed, A Success"

I hope there are some more experienced guys, who may have knowledge about this stuff, especially Stefan, since he's from Europe and knows this and that about grass snakes. Or Steve maybe?
    Kleopatra - never forget. [*]; Lamprophis fuliginosus, male - Amon; Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis, male - Izy; Pantherophis guttatus anerythristic, female, Nefretete; Lampropeltis sinaloae - Vita.

I'm sure they(and others) could give you alot of info!
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

"Third shed, A Success"

Ok, back to Izy, shall we? Today, after a long time, Izy ate a pinky and a smelt (for months he was eating only worms, preferably caught outside, not from a baitshop; apparently Izy doesn't like them very much and smelts sometimes - that's why I didn't update very often, because there was nothing interesting going on). He was kinda angry, because I picked up his roof, lol. He striked a pinky voraciously (he grabbed it from tongs, dropped for a second and striked again) and I have a reason to believe, he would bite me too if I put my fingers in vincity. After he has calmed down, he looked still hungry, so I offered him fish. Yup, I was right all along, he was angry AND hungry, but I think my offerings and giving back his roof made the deal.

I look at him and think he's getting thicker and his head grew even more. Well, that's a good thing. Maybe I won't be able to feed him with adult mice as I planned (when I was thinking he was a female), but maybe hoppers are still the game?
    Kleopatra - never forget. [*]; Lamprophis fuliginosus, male - Amon; Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis, male - Izy; Pantherophis guttatus anerythristic, female, Nefretete; Lampropeltis sinaloae - Vita.

Glad to hear Izy is back eating even if it took getting him mad to do it.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"Third shed, A Success"

Well, he was eating all along, just not pinks. :P He ate some smelts, but like I said he's not a big fan of them, but worms (caught) and guppies - without hesitation and every amount.

Ary is a lovely little snake! I just gave a baby eastern to Mike...who is named Ari...short for Ariadne. Glad Izy is doing well! Good to catch up with you Bart!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"Third shed, A Success"

The pleasure is mine, Marnie.

"Third shed, A Success"

Ahhhhh... Spring is all around so it's time to wake up and update this journal.
    Izy, after another winter, is crazy hungry. He's eating almost everything what fits into his mouth, be it worm, fish (beside smelts - he never liked them), pinky or hopper (if it fits - can't be too big obviously - he examines it first from head to toes and if examination gives positive results - a feast is started, om nom nom nom). He didn't grow too much or maybe I'm not seeing it. He's still kinda jumpy, but his shyness disappears when food is involved, especially second pinky (when he knows for sure what time it is). I wonder how long his good apetite will last, hope for a long time!

As for rest of the crew, they also feel good, beside Aurora (outdoor baby Natrix) who fled just after few weeks and tens of eaten guppies (yay!). I found her feces just under my entry door, so I'm confident she went wild. Oh well... At least she left my home with full belly. :P
    Last edited by Bart; 03-17-2013 at 06:49 AM.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Selkielass's Avatar

The spring feeding frenzy can be so much fun to watch!
    I have a male eastern that loves hoppers. (Yep, they fit just fine, om-no-nom.)I I usually supplement hairier mice with the a worm chaser.