Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Water Snakes

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

Re: My Water Snakes

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
    This is my garbage disposal unit, my hypo Midland female(N. sipedon pleuralis), which is a southern form of the Northern Water Snake, if that's not too much of an oxymoron.
    A carpetbagger!

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    Oh how I love your nerodia. I just got in a pair of light phase taxispilota today, as well as a pair of red phased cyclopion!

People beleive that water snakes are evil because of the horrid front they put on when you first capture them. Of course they are really mean when you catch them... that's how they protect themselves! Every water snake I have ever owned though has been a sweetheart. Once they realize we are not a threat, they are quite happy to chill out and smile at you
    That describes mine to a T! I call these my "bean bag snakes", because when you pick them up, they're just all floppy and totally relaxed. They don't tense up like most constricting species, like Rat Snakes or Corns, do when picked up. The guy who caught the big dark female Banded, who told me she was the "meanest snake he'd ever caught", said that he'd never had a Red-Belly try to bite him when caught, but with me, it's been my experience that the Bandeds are the most docile! I've had a lot of people argue with me that you just cannot tame one at all, though. If they really want to see a feisty snake, they should catch a big Pine-THOSE guys will really put on a show, and they can back it up, too. I still know a lot of people who'd rather deal with a big Canebrake Rattler than a Water Snake, of any kind.

pitbulllady

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

hahaha my boyfriend is freaking out right now because in the first pic of your red bellied water snake there is newspaper with a guy on it and it looks exactly like him. I was showing him this thread and he starts freaking out... OMG OMG THAT GUY LOOKS JUST LIKE ME...

::runs out and gets his mom::
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    hahaha my boyfriend is freaking out right now because in the first pic of your red bellied water snake there is newspaper with a guy on it and it looks exactly like him. I was showing him this thread and he starts freaking out... OMG OMG THAT GUY LOOKS JUST LIKE ME...

::runs out and gets his mom::
    What is so funny is that paper was from 2000! My grandparents subscribed to The State and Columbia Record for decades before their deaths, and they were the sort who NEVER threw ANYTHING away, ever! My grandfather would bag up the papers in big plastic bags and store them in a leak-proof storage building here in the property, where they are to this day. They keep remarkably well, thanks to the colony of Southern Black House Spiders(Kukulcania hibernalis) that eat up all the earwigs, silverfish and other potential paper-eaters, and they are really clean. The old papers are a lot thicker than the modern paper. I don't know who that guy is, but hopefully he managed to land a job in the NBA with somebody.

pitbulllady

Those Nerodia's look great.
    Once I'll certainly have a couple of them
    Greetz, Hans

Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
    -The Shawshank Redemption-
    www.kousebandslangen.nl

you've got some really beautiful nerodia
    thanks for telling us about them
    oh for more space . . .
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Hi, I'm New Here!

Definitely gorgeous animals...