View Poll Results: Would you like to schedule another thamnophis.com chat?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was there, and I would like to do it again.

6 25.00%
  • I was there, but it's not for me.

2 8.33%
  • I missed it but would like to try it next time.

13 54.17%
  • I missed it but know it's not for me.

3 12.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chat Feedback

Re: Chat Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by adamanteus View Post
    That's true Matt, and it's private. I noticed you were online just prior to the chat, but you didn't join the chat room....Any particular reason for that?
    I forgot then decided to go to my friend's house until three (central time), then went biking right after I got home. Then, finally I was looking at what snake I might buy.
    0.1 Jack Russell Terrier
    1.0 T. sirtalis

I just voted I was there and want to do it again, but the truth is, I was there and could not get into the chat, and want to do it again.
    KitKat
    "Acts of kindness should never be random."

"Fourth shed, A Success" Gijs & Sabine's Avatar

I was there too and would join next time as well. But like most others already said it would be nice if it was just for the members from Thamnophis.com.
    I also wanna thank Kevin for doing this and for doing his best to keep the chat friendly for us

I wish the turn out was a bit higher but that's ok, though i noticed several members joined hours before and after the scheduled chat time and never returned : ^ ( im sorry some of you did not enjoy the experience, though i enjoyed chatting with all of you. if it is agreed upon that the another chat will be tried i will set a separate room for thamnophis.com members only, as that seems to be what the majority want. just a thought, and i would like to thank the site staff for giving it a shot

If the next chat was in a room purely for Thamnophis.com members I would most likely give it another try. Just in an "open" room, I probably wouldn't.
    James.

Something I suggested some time ago, was a channel that would be open 24/7. Now, I'm not trying to make it your burden, Ameivaboy, I'm just repeating what I said back then. It would eliminate the need to get as many people as possible to show up at the same time.

The second issue might be the time, it should probably be given only as GMT so that everybody would have to figure the local time out for themselves. People would probably be less confused. I'm used to taking time differences into consideration, since I play browser based multiplayer games that require coordination between players from all over the world, and it really isn't that hard. IRC happens to be the most effective way of communicating under those circumstances, by the way.

well, i'd be more than willing to set up a chat for this site for 24/7 access for thamnophis.com members

as for GMT time im not really familiar with that or what it even means (lol)
    please provide me with more information,

I still beleive a chat for this site would be a cool thing and I klnow the time differences come into play being on the day of the scheduled chat the different times people came (a few entered while i was sleeping, i only knew about cause i almost never close my chat window so i am able to see what goes on when im not around)

as for setting up a thamnophis.chat i would be able to create the room and add moderators (or atleast show who ever needs to be in charge how as I am not a moderator for this particular site) I could even add the site to the herpsites.net chatroom listing (if that would be desirable) the only problem i see would be adding it to the domain name of this site (if that would be wanted) but certainly could get help/advice in doing so, but regardless this is not up to me only the thamnophis.com site owner, so if he asks I would be more than happy to help in any and every way I could, so for those of you wanting a permanent chat he would be the one to address and there after i would give my assistance

happy herping,
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Ameivaboy View Post
    as for GMT time im not really familiar with that or what it even means (lol)
    please provide me with more information,
    Greenwich Mean Time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your local time relative to GMT (given as + or - a certain number of hours) can be found in Windows by double-clicking the time and selecting the time zone tab.

I'd be game for a 24/7 chat, if possible.

It's been a while since anyone posted in this thread, but it seems that the consensus is that we should have another session, this time in a private room for Thamnophis.com members only. So, shall we do? Maybe give people a little more notice this time and hope for a better turn out? What do you think Kevin? Will you run another session for all those guys who missed out last time?
    James.