PDA

View Full Version : Another question from a newbie

Kurly1
07-22-2007, 04:55 PM
I have noticed that after we feed our snake he isn't very active after feeding and for the next day or so. He usually sleeps alot, curls up in his hide or under the plants. Is it because he is full and digesting the food? Is that how snakes normally act after a feeding or are they all different according to the personality of the snake?

Thanks

Elliot
07-22-2007, 04:56 PM
I have noticed that after we feed our snake he isn't very active after feeding and for the next day or so. He usually sleeps alot, curls up in his hide or under the plants. Is it because he is full and digesting the food? Is that how snakes normally act after a feeding or are they all different according to the personality of the snake?

Thanks

That's how my snakes act after a big meal, they usually curl up on their heat pad and they're less active for a day or two.

Sid
07-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Your snakes are acting normally. Mine do the same.

Sid

adamanteus
07-22-2007, 04:58 PM
That's normal behaviour. He's full, so he has no need to hunt. Plus they probably feel a little more vulnerable if they are slowed down by a full stomach. From what you're saying, all seems well.:)

Kurly1
07-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I figured that was normal but of course I wanted to ask just to see if I was thinking right. I am learning more and more about this little guy everyday :)

Odie
07-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Hi, from Oregon, Kurly1 :)

GarterGirl
07-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Yep
that's normal