PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

rwgsnakes
11-01-2007, 06:26 AM
Hey everyone,

My male albino checkered garter hasnt eaten for about a week, i thought that it was due to the cooler weather so i raised his temperatures, nothing. I then picked im up and due to his albinoism he is somewhat transparent and noticed down right before his vent, inside his body, is a dark shadow... not sure what it is and im thinking it might have some thing to do with his fasting. I soaked him for about an hour yesterday with no success, so im soaking him again tonight in hopes that he passes it. Im thinking about bringing him to the vet but would rather save the cash if someone could help.

Thanks,
Justin

zooplan
11-01-2007, 06:56 AM
as said before, a photo might help.
That dark shadow could be caused by feces.
less appetite is more caused by the lacking of daylight than by low temperature.

drache
11-01-2007, 07:13 AM
as said before, a photo might help.
That dark shadow could be caused by feces.
less appetite is more caused by the lacking of daylight than by low temperature.

good point
my project this weekend is to add heat and light to some of my enclosures for animals I don't want to brumate

enigma200316
11-01-2007, 10:25 AM
it sounds like an impaction, I'd see a vet any way, its better safe than sorry Justin...............:)

Lulu Bennett
11-01-2007, 03:24 PM
my albino marcys tend to get the dark shaddow when they are due to poo and a week isnt that long to go between feeds. i wouldnt worry just yet xxx

adamanteus
11-01-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Lulu on this. That said, it's got to be worth keeping a very close eye on it, and if things don't alter soon then visit a vet.

Cazador
11-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Hey Justin,

You've already gotten some good advise. I'd only add that you should feel the area around the dark spot to see if it's hard/lumpy or if it's maleable. If it's hard, then go right to the vet. If not, you can probably wait a while to see if it passes. Best,

Rick

rwgsnakes
11-06-2007, 09:24 PM
thanks guys, i just got him to eat a scented pinky so i think we might be alright..

Lori P
11-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Good job!! Had he pooped yet?? Is the shadow still there?