PDA

View Full Version : is this normal ??

salzar
02-24-2008, 05:03 PM
hi all I was wondering if its normal for snakes to not eat right away after sheding?
sal had a huge worm before he shed ,like 3 days before .
he would not eat like for 2 weeks after .
well he just ate a half of worm , thank goodness i was so woried he was going to die of hunger , he kept his liquids up but refused to eat for some time, them this morning he had this look of hunger in his eyed and was verry restless and much toung movement and smelling of the air, well he ate , now he seems back to normal.. was this normal or is it a spring is coming like thing.. just wondering.. bye
michelle

ssssnakeluvr
02-24-2008, 06:18 PM
it's not unusual for snakes to not eat for periods of time...just the way they were designed by nature. as long as she isn't losing noticeable bodyweight then she is fine.

salzar
02-25-2008, 11:53 AM
thanks don, no problem , he was looking kinda skinny though but is now fine and mullin about!!
bye
michelle

adamanteus
02-25-2008, 04:43 PM
As Don said, two weeks isn't a long time for a snake to go without eating. Don't worry, Michelle.:)

salzar
02-26-2008, 09:02 AM
cool, it seems a lot of snakes are fasting.. lent???!!! heeee haaa just kiddin!
bye
michelle

Lori P
02-26-2008, 01:15 PM
LOL... yeah, they're waiting on those chocolate eggs at Easter!!! (You know the story-- Jesus rose on the third day, and then there were little bunny rabbits running everwhere dropping chocolate eggs... LOLOL)

salzar
02-26-2008, 02:22 PM
little chocolat covered slugs for sal please 1 dozzen , its snowing like heck here and slugs are a long time away still, but crazy march is coming so you never know, we have a saying in upstate n.y. , dont like the weather ,wait 5 seconds... it will change in a flash!!!
so come on spring
, lori did your dog have a long tail or was it bobed..
prepping the model now .. and yes i still show , but on a very limmited baises. found some of the folks to be getting to caught up in the whole I won thing and the tudes were unbeliveable...
snake collectors NICE VERY NICE!!! BYEmichelle

Lori P
02-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Michelle, she had a long tail. :-) Did I ever send you more pics of her?? You are sooooooo kind to do this for me....

Sid
02-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Michelle, it not at all unheard of for a snake not to eat directly after a shed. The majority of mine do feed well the day after, but sometimes it may take several more days.