PDA

View Full Version : Snake Lump

BLKWLTZ
10-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi,
I'm having a problem with a pet Canadian garner snake I have. Ever since we got this snake at a pet store it's had a lump on its side. It was a smaller lump said to be "just food." After a month of having him, the lump didn't go away. Since it seemed not to cause him pain or harm, we let it slide. Recently he shed, and it seems the lump has gotten bigger, to the point where his scales are splitting. I don't know what's causing this, but I have a theory it involves some sort of parasite. However, I would like a second opinion, should I be worried and/or what could it be?:confused:

Stefan-A
10-16-2008, 03:58 AM
Welcome aboard. :)

I would recommend getting the snake to a vet and let them have a look. It's definitely not "just food" and since its growing, it definitely needs to be investigated.

guidofatherof5
10-16-2008, 04:59 AM
Nice to have you here. You need to find a Vet. who works with snakes and have it investigated. I would also contact the place you bought it and let them know what's going on. They may ask you to bring the snake back. That, more than likely would mean a death sentence to the snake. If it's a decent store they may work with you on the Vet. bill. Asked if they will pay part of the cost. If you don't ask you'll never know. I hope everything works out for your buddy. Keep us informed.

reptile3
10-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Hello & Welcome... I would def call a vet who specializes in herps. Sounds like your snake has a problem, before it's too late.

infernalis
10-17-2008, 12:12 PM
I also recommend a Vet visit.

My Puget sound Garter "Sky" had a similar lump. The vet prescribed medicine, and it got all better.

http://www.reformedsniper.net/gsm/pimple.jpg