PDA

View Full Version : Worried?

Snakers
08-19-2009, 04:22 PM
hey my new garter snake i literally rescued from a chickens beak is so skiddish when ever I go near the enclosure, its been a day scence i first got her is this usual in newly caught w/c's?

GarterGeek
08-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Some of my snakes have done that. You probably need to provide more or better hiding places. The snake needs to feel secure in it's environment.

jitami
08-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Sounds pretty normal. Give it lots of hiding places and more time :)

Snakers
08-19-2009, 05:10 PM
thanks i put a plastic container with a hole she can barely squeeze into an within 5 minutes shes in but what should i first start feeding her and when (i know worms)?

Snakers
08-19-2009, 05:11 PM
and also should i stay away from her for about a week?

Mommy2many
08-19-2009, 06:01 PM
If she's a garter, she needs some space to move around. Also, they like to feel secure, so the more hides & substrate you can offer that they can burrow into, the better. Mine love nightcrawlers, that is their "Mac 'n cheese" dinner. Also, top on the menu is sock eye salmon and of course, pinkies. All of mine are W/C except for 2 that I adopted and the 10 new scrubs (from my W/C)

My easterns are around 2' long. They eat pretty well. They also love fish.:D:cool::p;) (all the smilies are courtesy of my 4 yr old.)