PDA

View Full Version : Whoohoo! I'm a very happy snake mom!!

GartersRock
05-12-2007, 09:23 AM
I plan to start a breeding program but right now I have the following:
1.0 Blue Puget Sound (felzer)
1.0 Checkered
and the non garters:
0.1 Ball Python
0.0.1 Texas Rat Snake
With these coming soon:
0.2 Blue Puget Sounds (Felzer)
0.1 Checkered
1.0 Luecistic Texas Rat
and more garters.... :D
Why am I happy??
My CB ball and puget sound feed well on mice. I didn't want to only be able to feed my WC checkered worms and fish and I wasn't sure if a WC little TX rat would take any food. I wanted to use them both for breeding but if they weren't going to eat I was going to release them.
Well... They both ate first try UNSCENTED!! Yay!! :cool: The garter maybe not so much a surprise but the rat?? sheesh. I worry to much.

mikm
05-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Very nice collection there !!!

best of luck to you,
marian

adamanteus
05-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Great to hear your wild caught snakes were so ready to eat. Congratulations Amanda.

GartersRock
05-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks!! Just got the other Checkered garter today as well, so super happy. :D

Thamnophis
05-13-2007, 05:48 AM
Fine collection indeed. All we miss are... pictures.

GarterGuy
05-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Nice collection of snakes you've got there Amanda. Curious is the "pugets" you have are actually T.s.pickeringi or T.ordinoides...done any scale counts on them. A lot of "pugets" have been going around that are actually blue T.ordinoides. If you do scale counts, midbody counts of 19 are T.s.pickeringi and 17 would possibley indicate that you've actually got T.ordinoides. Very interested to hear what you've got. Oh and welcome to the forum.:D
Roy

GartersRock
05-13-2007, 06:41 PM
I know, I know, pictures!! :D I can't get them up just yet but will asap!
I haven't done a scale count but I am sure scott felzer did before he sold him to me. I'll double check anyway. ;)