Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iphone app

Juvenile snake johnc79@hotmail.com's Avatar

Smile Iphone app

Hi

Any plans for a forum iphone app for this site or to make it compatable with tapatalk. Its quite handy using forums on that tapatalk app. Just an idea anyway.

John

Re: Iphone app

I talked to Boots about this already and he said not yet. I would love an android app.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnc79@hotmail.com View Post
    Hi

Any plans for a forum iphone app for this site or to make it compatable with tapatalk. Its quite handy using forums on that tapatalk app. Just an idea anyway.

John
    I actually find it works really well with my phone, although I'm on an Android (HTC Sensation) rather than an iPhone. Photo uploads and cut/paste are the only things I struggle with a bit on the phone. I did try Tapatalk a couple of years ago and wasn't that impressed, although I'm sure it's more functional now than it was back then.
    Surfing forums is definitely something that is a good use of a smartphone.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

I hate doing stuff on my phone...texting is just such a pain. I only use my phone for forums and facebook if I absolutely have to. I think it is just the touch phone texting on my phone...I need to get another phone that has a qwerty keyboard too. What is Tapatalk? Is that a UK thing?
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Tapatalk is a forum plugin that needs to be enabled on the site, then there's an iPhone and Android app which takes allows you to read/post on a forum outside the phone's browser. It cuts down a lot of the graphics and sizes things for the phone.
    As I said, I find that the web browser on my phone works nicely. I do have to use the screen landscape, but that's not a big deal. Bear in mind the resolution of my screen is 540x960 which makes browsing much, much easier (the first PCs I remember using had displays of 640x480, you've got to love the march of mobile technology).
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

YESSSSSSSSSS

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES HELL FREAKING YES

._.

Yeah...

I would loooooove and iPhone app or compatibility to tapatalk. I never get the computer. It's so frustrating using this site with the iPod's Safari. I don't come on it much because of it.

My laptop is in the shop so yesterday I used an iPod touch. No fun at all.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

No. No it is not.

I have to use it 95% of the time. I'm dying for an app or compatibility xDxD

If I used my phone to come on here you guys would ban me from the site...my spelling and typos would be unreal...not to mention it would take me three years to type out one sentence. I never use my laptop...I prefer my PC...now, I am going to get a new laptop this summer and then I will probably use that more. Maybe I will go back to my blackberry at some point...I seemed to do better texting on that then I do on my android.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Marnie if you struggle with typing on your Android try a different keyboard - Swiftkey X, I've used it since it was a beta app and it's predictive text is incredible. It actually learns what you tend to type after certain words, so sometimes it's predictions are spooky. It's worth the couple of quid to download.
    Chris