Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Contests

Photo Contests

Hi all,
    Since it's almost December first, let's make up some rules and start a series of monthly photo contests. I suggest starting a thread on or about December 1st where we post our best Thamnophis photos. At the end of the month, we can add a "poll" to the thread and vote for the winner. I would also suggest only one entry per person per month.

The question is: should we have monthly categories, like: best feeding/eating picture; best baby picture; mating; birthing; friendliest; spookiest, etc., or should we just post whatever we want each month? Majority rules. Are there other ideas that would improve the contest?

Rick

"Fourth shed, A Success" Gijs & Sabine's Avatar

Re: Photo Contests

Hi Cazador,

What about pics like this, haha !!
    This was our christmas cart last year

I think it's a nice idea to have a picture contest. But if you want to have a different categorie every month than you need 12 categories !
    So maybe an enclosure pic, garter in the wild pic, best camouflage pic are options.

Best wishes Gijs & Sabine

Great Christmas card, and those are good categories, too. I don't think it would be too hard coming up with several more categories, but maybe we shouldn't limit the pictures to specific category the first time? What do you think?

"Fourth shed, A Success" Gijs & Sabine's Avatar

I agree with you, the first time everybody can get used to the contest.
    As long as the pics are related to garters.
    And later you can always come up with the categories.

I definitely support a photo contest. No specific theme or category the first round, but how about letting the winner decide which category is next? He would of course not be allowed to participate in the following contest, so that he couldn't "cheat".

3:21 AM.. If my idea sounds stupid, it's most likely because I'm too tired to think it through.

Sounds good Stefan, but I don't think getting my snake to sit on christmas trees will be easy ; at least not until I try some taming techniques. Plus my mom would freak out if she saw me taking pics of my snake on our tree, but that will only be around holidays anyways
    0.1 Jack Russell Terrier
    1.0 T. sirtalis

Hi Stefan,
    I like your idea of the winner choosing the next category, but perhaps the winner from one month shouldn't be allowed to "win" the following month. I think they should be able to post, though.

Abcat,
    You're a riot! Be sure to post a picture of yourself. I can't wait to see who you are. Glad you're here!
    Rick

Hey, sounds like a cool idea to me! I love taking pics of my snakes and ones in the wild. That's cool with the categories too.....might want to be careful though to time them well. Pics from the wild might be a bit lean in the winter months and pics mating would be hard out of the breeding seasons.

Should only pictures taken after the round has started be allowed, or should you be able to use those that you have taken earlier? It would pretty much eliminate the need to take the season into consideration when you suggest a category, if you could use pictures you have taken earlier. And there would be one less way to cheat.

"Preparing For First shed"

thats a great idea!!!!i have some much pictures of my snakes!!!!
    great idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]