Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Marnie's Snakes

Marnie's Snakes

I'm just going to start a new thread for all of my snakes...that way I don't have to have separate threads for all of them. I'll just post here if I want to update everyone on one of them or if something is going on. I did post some new stuff about Cee Cee and Seeley in the Cee Cee and Seeley's Journal thread last night though...so if you haven't read it yet and you have a minute...

I have been playing with my new camera. Here are a couple of pics of Cee Cee after her shed...

002.jpg008.jpg
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Re: Marnie's Snakes

I think I'm going to go ahead and give my vet a call and see if anyone over there knows anything about garters. Seeley is still refusing food and he looks yellow under his head and neck area...and he just doesn't seem to be acting right to me. If they don't see reptiles at my vet, there is a vet near here that does...I'll call there and make an appointment.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Looks good. Keep us posted about Seeley.
    Hope all is well.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Thanks. I think I'm going to have to start to move Hermes into a feed tank...I tried to feed him with the hemostats tonight and he absolutely loved it but he went so crazy and he was dragging the food down into the carefresh and it was really scaring me. I don't think he ingested any...but now I'm worried about him because I can't be absolutely sure. I stopped feeding him from the hemostats and put the food in his dish so that he wouldn't drag it into the carefresh anymore. He really seemed to like eating from the hemostats so I guess I'll just move him to a feed tank on paper towels and feed him from now on.
    Marnie

"Fourth shed, A Success" thamneil's Avatar

If you cut his food into bite sized pieces you will have less of a problem with substrate ingestion. Dont be too worried. I have had snakes eat things far worse than carefresh. We once had a snake at work that ate a piece of rubber, he passed it just fine.

-Neil

Carefresh is what's got Ember impacted right now, so technically it is just as bad.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Well the good thing is that his food was cut up into small pieces and that the one piece of carefresh that I saw on his food was very tiny if he did ingest it...he may have worked it off while he was working the food into his mouth. The next piece of food he carried into his little bush and ate it in the bush...I watched him eat it. Then I took the rest of the food and put it on a dish on top of a paper towel like I usually do because I was just getting too worried. Like I said, next time I will just put him in a feed tank and feed him with the hemostats on paper towels, since he seems to like being fed by hemostats. I think I'm going to go and buy a 10 gallon to use for a feed tank...I need to have one for my female eastern for feeding too.
    Marnie

Okay...now Cee Cee is doing the same weird regurgitating thing that Seeley was doing two days ago. She is regurgitating foam and mucus. They are together a lot so I don't know if there is something going on that they both are experiencing. I changed her water...cleaned her dish and put spring water in her bowl just like I did with Seeley's a couple of days ago. She ate yesterday...two pinkies. I had just held her right before she started doing this...and I don't know if she had drank any water right before. Seeley had not eaten for a couple of days before he started doing it. He may have been drinking before...I don't know. I had not held him anytime before he started regurgitating. I have absolutely no idea what is going on. I'm going to call the vet tomorrow. I guess I'll take them both in.
    Marnie

Strange. Keep us posted on what's going on.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Snakey regurgitated foamy stuff once, when I was holding him after he ate. It could just be the fact that he was digesting it, got disturbed and puked, and in the process of it coming up it foamed before it came out.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)