here's more
    Back off man, I'm a scientist

Re: Emoticons

Yup emoticons are always fun.
    1.1.1 T.p.orarius Gulf Coast Ribbon
    1.0 T.e.vagrans Wandering Garter

Shine on you crazy diamond

What the emotions do those emoticons even convey? I can guess a few of them, but that green running creature (it has a name but I forgot it), the dancing apple etc?

Here's one I made back in 2003: Originally supposed to be used to signify self-irony, self-deprecation, or the general pointlessness or uselessness of some action taken by the poster himself, or the failure to act (to signify a lost opportunity).

If you see it somewhere else (I know of at least 3 other versions that my own predates), remember that it was I who unleashed this modified dancing banana upon the world. It's a bit rude, but I'd like to see more people (NOT necessarily on this board) having the sense to use it.
    Last edited by Stefan-A; 01-01-2007 at 01:38 AM.

I don't know....If they were more related to snake I would say sure, or even pet.... and I do not even want to think what that banana is doing. What does everyone think?

Jason

Eh, I don't know......this is really more about snakes and such and I think that the emoticons that we have pretty much covers most of what we'd really need. It'd be different if this were some random chat forum or something.....or maybe I'm just too damn old!

You can always add an emoticon like you did in the first posts, you can add an image. I don't have a problem with more emoticons, but the emoticons on the right are enough for me

I second Snaky's comment. What we have helps me enough, but I'm not opposed to others adding what they want as long as it's tasteful. I'm here to learn more about Thamnophis and if possible help and encourage others.

Sid

OK, I know I probably selected a silly group there, but emoticons are there for helping a forumer display emotion in an on-line setting.

For example: say you were successful in getting a rare species to breed in captivity. You are ecstatic. Does the plain smiley face accurately represent the joy you feel when posting your success?

Or, say you lost an equally rare species/color morph during brumation/hibernation. This is a specimen that you posted pix of on Thamnophis.com and were the envy of your fellow forumers.There is little chance that you will ever re-aquire that snake due to rarity, finances, geography, etc. Does the simple sad face emoticon really represent how frustrated and depressed you feel due to your loss?

No we don't need masturbating veggies and what not, but the current selection is rather paltry, imo.
    Back off man, I'm a scientist

I don't care as long as you don't post that banana again.
    0.1 Jack Russell Terrier
    1.0 T. sirtalis