Thread: gallery?

Never shed

gallery?

I was looking through the gallery and had a question or two. The "red phase" puget sounds, as far as I am aware, and population of pickeringii with any red anywhere in washington or oregon have either fitchi or concinnus influence. So those pictures as far as I can tell would not be pure pickeringii, but rather intergrades that have naturally occurred in the wild. great looking snakes but a bit misleading.

Secondly would be if we wanted to post some more pictures to better show variation, like more ordinoides morphs, and other stuff, what are the size restrictions, looks like everything is 600 or smaller? I have a few pictures that could help, and I can always take more...

Re: gallery?

No, they're pure CB pickeringii, bred by Steven Bol in the Netherlands. Steven is one of Europe's leading authorities on Garter Snakes. I wouldn't like to be the one to second guess him. Both sets of Grandparents came originally from Vancouver Island, outside the range of both concinnus and fitchi.
    Great looking snakes, and not misleading at all.
    James.

Andy, the size for photo's is 600 wide in the photographic library. The intent was to show the different color morphs in the library. Go for it.
    Sid
    9.14 T. s sirtalis, 2.2. T. ordinoides, 1.1 T. e vagrans, 1.1 T. s parietalis,
    1.0 T. s sackenii- Peninsular Ribbon

Never shed

I wouldn't be second guessing him persay, just had never heard of red pickeringii and I have lived here all of my life and have herped vancouver island, though it was a cold februaury day and i saw no garters. They are very beautiful snakes and now I want to go find some. Thanks for the info and I may upload a few more tonight.