Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My snake log

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

My snake log

Figure it's about time I make a thread for my snakes.
    Babs has come a long way since I got her at only a week old, she's grown like a weed as of lately and just yesterday I got her to eat out of my hand.
    100_0401.jpg100_0404.jpg100_0465.jpg

George is doing good, but he still won't eat worms or fish, just pinky mice in the middle of the night. He calms down faster when I hold him now, I've gotten him to come into my hand a number of times now by wiggling my thumb over the palm of my hand lol
    Got some good pictures of him trying for the contest... Think I should have used this one.

100_0493.jpg
    or this one
    100_0503.jpg
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Re: My snake log

All looking good.
    With all that worm slime on your fingers I would have thought Babs might grab one of them.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Those are beautiful photos! Your snakes look great! Yeah...if I put food in my hand, I know at least when it comes to Cee Cee, I wouldn't have any fingers left when she was done!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

I like the photo of George in natural light with ice crystals on the window.

Our Esky has started taking food in my hand and doesn't attempt to eat me even when my hand is smelling of the fish she drops in it.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Lucky you! Cee Cee has taken to nipping at my fingers and assuming there is food in them even when there isn't!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    All looking good.
    With all that worm slime on your fingers I would have thought Babs might grab one of them.
    Lol I thought she was going to the way she rushed to my fingers I was almost cringing waiting for the bite... But she didn't, she just 'nosed' me lol bumping her nose along my fingers, found her way to the worm Still never been bitten!
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Dae View Post
    Lol I thought she was going to the way she rushed to my fingers I was almost cringing waiting for the bite... But she didn't, she just 'nosed' me lol bumping her nose along my fingers, found her way to the worm Still never been bitten!
    Great looking snakes! I think maybe you meant to write "Still never been bitten....YET" Of course maybe you never will since obviously you are lucy and those two must have nice dispositions.

Mama was one of the best dispositions you'll ever see, but she still latches on from time to time when food is involved.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

HOLY FREAKING COLD!!!! -55c (-67f) with the windchill today... screw going anywhere! .. truck won't start either...

Yesterday I changed George's light bulb out from a 100w to a 50w in an effort to save on power (I'm paying $300 a month!) but I don't think he likes it... I'm changing it back, lol He didn't show himself at all yesterday... Stupid inefficient house.. Almost everything is original from the 70's, the furnace, stove, wiring, The fridge is from the 90's... Almost all original single pane windows, poor insulation etc. I love this place but HOLY CRAP its cccc-cccccoooldddd in here!

Anyways.. Babs is developing such an awesome personality, every morning about 15-20mins after I turn her light on she comes sliding out of her fake rock, slithers atop it n watches me drink my coffee. lol She is getting less jumpy when I walk past now too, Instead of FLYING down arse over tea kettle, she will Start to 'jump' off then realize oh your just going past... again... it's ok. lol She'll have her head n body 'hovering' off her rock for a second, then curl back up. My Babs bunny the Radix snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Great looking snakes! I think maybe you meant to write "Still never been bitten....YET" Of course maybe you never will since obviously you are lucy and those two must have nice dispositions.
    .... I am not Lucy... I am obviously Michelle... lol

Lucky I know. I'm just being a smartarse.
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt