Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

R.I.P. - PinJohn

I received the sad news this morning that John has lost his fight against leukaemia. His son, Chris, contacted me and said:

"I'm sorry to have to tell you that my dad has peacefully passed away. He had side effects to his treatment and it was too much to overcome."
    He asked me if I would mind posting on the forum to let his friends on here know the news. Of course, it's the least I can do to help John's family at this time. I've told Chris to stop by and read the forum at some point, because I know there will be lots of kind messages that follow this post, I hope it will help the family just knowing he has so many friends around world who miss him too.

John was a great person. I've known him a relatively short time, but it was his kindness and love of garter snakes that drew me and Char deeper into the Thamnophis world. I know he'll be proud that he managed to get us completely hooked on garters and pass on his passion for the little buggers. I'm going to miss chatting to him, he had a lifetime of knowledge about garters and natrix, but conversations invariably drifted away from snakes and he was just such an easy person to talk to about setting the world to rights, how boring football is, and the idiots you get in taxis. On the forum, I'm going to miss the weather reports from Liverpool from our friendly, thamnophiphile scouser in every birthday thread - the weather reports always made me smile and look out of the window.

Farewell and rest easy my friend, the world is a worse place today with your passing. And I pass on my deepest sympathy to the McCann family.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Re: R.I.P. - PinJohn

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of getting to know John. I am sure that he would have been fun to know and was a support to both novice and experienced keepers alike. From what I have seen and read on the forum, John was a well respected and kind hearted man who will be greatly missed by many Thamnopholites. My sincere condolences go out to his family and friends both personal and vurtual.
    ATB, Rod

the red sided giant reptileparadise's Avatar

Nothing I can add to the kind words of Rod.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends...
    www.facebook.com/crazyreptiles
    welcome ( at ) crazyreptiles . eu

R.I.P my friend. We will have to meet and do some herping at a different time. Thanks for your friendship.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the McCann family.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

I am so upset to hear of this loss of such a good friend. Thoughts and prayers out to his family. John, we will sincerely miss you.

Le Ann
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

Bonniedale Farm Rescue snakehill's Avatar

R.I.P. John! I will miss you and your incredible sense of humour! Your posts always bought a smile to my face! Sincere condolances to family and friends.
    Joanne 0.1 T.radix Jade / 0.1 T.s.sirtalis Jett

"Third shed, A Success" ScimitarX's Avatar

So sorry to hear of this... RIP John
    Claire

"Preparing For Second shed" Char361979's Avatar

I will miss our long rambling conversations which never really seemed to go anywhere but were still very interesting and funny. I was looking forward to telling him we that our child is a boy as I know from our discussions that he was keen to know. I shed a good few tears this afternoon. May he find peace. All my love goes to his family.

Goodnight John.
    XX
    Char

T.marcianus, T. e.cuitzeoensis, T.cyrtopsis, T. s.parietalis, T.radix, T. s.infernalis, T. s.tetrataenia

It is so hard for me to believe this as it was only a month ago that we were chatting and laughing on the forum with John. I had never met him...but nonetheless, John had become someone who I considered a friend. He sent me the funniest Christmas card..and went out of his way to send me reptile magazines so that I could learn more about reptiles other than garters...so that I could "seem knowledgable and participate in forum discussions"...he said. Lol...He always made me smile and laugh with his jokes. I knew in my heart that he was a kind man and a good person. I had hoped I would meet him someday. Someday we will meet, John...until then, rest in peace my dear friend. I will miss you very much. My sincere condolences to his family.

Marnie
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe