Looking for some new friendly species

I still have my Storeria dekayi, or at least three of them, the parents are fine and it seems I'm down to one child out of five, some of you may have seen my post awhile back about the cricket incident... and I have only seen one child for a while now, so most likely another one died off and was eaten by the woodlice and millipedes . But it's ok! The one that is missing wasn't growing much so maybe it was to be expected, and the others are healthy. Anyway, I was thinking it might be fun to add another species to the tank, I was looking at a few (Opheodrys vernalis, Storeria occipitomaculata occipitomaculata, and Diadophis punctatus.) Thamnophis sauritus sauritus looked kind of cool too. The red bellied snake is probably my best option since it is just another subspecies in the same family, essentially a cousin. The smooth green snake is probably my next best option but I did read they don't always do well in captivity. The other two, if they aren't too big, worry me that they might consume my browns. If any of you could provide any insight into this, or other options to consider, I would appreciate it . Right now I'm thinking of trying to get one red bellied and one smooth green because they seem rather safe and cool looking, but if anybody thinks it's just a bad (with good reason!) then let me know.

Old and wise snake

Re: Looking for some new friendly species

In my opinion smooth green is not a good subject for experiment or novice. With that said what the hell do I know lol. The red bellies are awesome but could interbreed with your Storeia dekayi. Probably best to wait till spring and introduce another Storeia dekayi in my opinion but then again what the hell do I know!! LOL