Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Neighbors think your nuts?

No matter how discreet we try and be, sooner or later the rumors will start. Maybe a neighbor stops by to borrow a cup of sugar, or the kids bring home a friend, whatever... once the word hits the street look out.

If anyone recalls last Saturday, we had almost the whole town rubber necking.. it's not often a helicopter lands in town, and it almost always seems to be here when it does.

One very concerned citizen spoke out and stated that "goofy b'stard" has 50 snakes in his house, and I'm concerned for the neighborhood children, if one of his snakes ever got loose, it could kill someone!

Anyone else have concerned neighbors that worry about your snakes getting loose and terrorizing the town?

Re: Neighbors think your nuts?

LOL!!! Nice picture! My neighbors stay away. We don't have a good relationship you could say.
    1.1.1 T.p.orarius Gulf Coast Ribbon
    1.0 T.e.vagrans Wandering Garter

Shine on you crazy diamond

In Hog Heaven

Nah. I live alone (and have no kids other than those with whiskers), but I do rent. That's one reason I want to go the terrarium route. However... I'm thinking the basking light's gonna give things away if/when workmen come in.

In Hog Heaven

Dekay... "Wanna see my snake, little girl?" takes on a whole new meaning with us, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
    LOL!!! Nice picture! My neighbors stay away. We don't have a good relationship you could say.
    Dude, I swear that I live in a town where there is only one sane person.

A couple months ago, I received a letter from the town board demanding to know what species I keep. On one hand, I want to send them pictures of my menacing animals, on the other, it's no ones business but my own.

I have yet to reply......

P.S. I have even had to charge one neighbor with trespass & disorderly conduct.

Well I'm not allowed to fish in the lake anymore because the neighbor says I'll drown and we'll sue them. They also stuck an arrow in their yard and said I shot it at them (it was a junior arrow and I shoot a 70# hunting bow ) and they also said I was using their house as a pellet rifle target.
    1.1.1 T.p.orarius Gulf Coast Ribbon
    1.0 T.e.vagrans Wandering Garter

Shine on you crazy diamond

Well Wayne, my neighbors react the opposite. While they want nothing to do with snakes, they are glad I do. Most do not visit here, but they call me to come to their house ever time they see a snake.
    Sid
    9.14 T. s sirtalis, 2.2. T. ordinoides, 1.1 T. e vagrans, 1.1 T. s parietalis,
    1.0 T. s sackenii- Peninsular Ribbon

I have one that calls me to remove milk snakes A.K.A. the dreaded "spotted adder"

The others would rather behead the snake and shake the carcass at me while shouting rude things.....

One lady asked if they were poison, my reply was "I never plan to eat them, so why do I care?"

I can't even begin to describe my insane neighbors (but luckily, they are pretty far away) but here's an example of the kind of crap they do: the evil old lady called the sheriff a couple of years ago complaining that there were "too many" buzzards living on our property. Buzzards, you know, the wild kind? Yeah. She told the sheriff that we must have dead animals everywhere and the buzzards were coming over onto her 15 acres and "ruining the trees". Seriously. The sheriff made a point of explaining to her shotgun happy arse that buzzards are protected and she can't go around shooting them.

I hung a huge sign on my front gate that read:

Buzzards Welcome
    The more the merrier
    BYOC (Bring your own carrion)

I have pics of it at home. :-)
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Too funny Lori! Love it! I only have one *&^$# who lives behind me. You think snakes are bad PR, try GIANT black dogs... and I can't keep them inside in a tank either <gg> On the other hand, the family two houses down has a huge python in their back yard. LOL I don't think I have to worry about anyone freaking out about my little garter snake!
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.