Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    the red sided giant reptileparadise's Avatar

Kempton...or Doncaster....

Dear all,

We’ve been given the opportunity (…or actually, we been looking into the opportunities…) to exhibit at an UK reptile show.
    The two shows that have been brought to our attention are the Doncaster show in September and the Kempton park show in August.

Would like to hear your opinions on accessibility (mostly for visitors as I’m sure we will get there…), visitor numbers, etc.
    As we’ve heard, Kempton should be the bigger one, but off course, a lot less centred in the country making it harder to reach for the bigger crowd. Where as Doncaster is smaller but nicely centred and thus less far for a bigger crowd.

Look forward to reading all of your suggestions as its quite a long/costly journey for the animals (…and us…).

Claudia &Sjoerd
    crazyreptiles.eu

Some of the comments we´ve received so far are

This might help you make up your mind, i attended the first kempton show and in terms of numbers attending it was a spectacular success so much so that when i left at about 2.30 pm they were still queuing to get in, what is not so good from your point as a seller is that it was being used as a family day out to the extent that i have never witnessed before.
    i know that all shows have large numbers of of family's just there to look at the "strange animals" but the numbers at that show were off the scale, i am told they made the venue bigger this year, but that would only allow the people who come Merely to stare to get in faster.

Personally, the Doncaster show would suit me better but ... I would rather play host to a snake party in Scotland :P ...

It would be great to see you at one or other UK shows, especially if you could courier some species you don't breed yourself.
    If you came to Donnington I'd want to know where you were in the hall before I arrived... this year it was so busy for the first couple of hours that I'd want to fight my way straight to your table. Although having said that, I'd probably be wise enough to have reserved pairs of the species I wanted to be sure of buying.

Both shows are about the same distance from us in Coventry, Donny is better for us because we wouldn't have to do the M25. I guess the benefit of Donny is that you'd get some thamnophiphiles from Scotland as well, Scotland to London is a long, long day's drive.
    www.facebook.com/crazyreptiles
    welcome ( at ) crazyreptiles . eu

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: Kempton...or Doncaster....

As long as you tell me which show you will be at I will see you there.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

"Third shed, A Success" ScimitarX's Avatar

Never been to kempton, but doncaster is always a great one to go one, so id recommend that.
    Claire

the red sided giant reptileparadise's Avatar

Thanks guys... We're leaning towards Doncaster a lot... ('bout 98,99% sure...)
    www.facebook.com/crazyreptiles
    welcome ( at ) crazyreptiles . eu

Timing-wise, Doncaster gives you that little bit more time to grow the later litters up to size. I'm pretty sure you'll do well at either. Come to think of it, if you're driving up to Doncaster I may just avoid the crowded hall and arrange to meet you as you drive past on the motorway. Although if the UK garter folks know you're bringing some interesting snakes it would be a good chance to meet some of them at Donny.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    Timing-wise, Doncaster gives you that little bit more time to grow the later litters up to size. I'm pretty sure you'll do well at either. Come to think of it, if you're driving up to Doncaster I may just avoid the crowded hall and arrange to meet you as you drive past on the motorway. Although if the UK garter folks know you're bringing some interesting snakes it would be a good chance to meet some of them at Donny.
    hey Chris no cheating get your ar$e over to the donny' there is no way you get from buying me that coffee....but you do keep trying
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

I suppose I could come to Donny just to buy you a coffee John.
    Chris

SCOUSER

I suppose I could come to Donny just to buy you a coffee John.
    SO in what way is that a problem

Quote Originally Posted by PINJOHN View Post
    SO in what way is that a problem
    If I go to Donny to buy you a coffee I'll have to join the queue behind Scorpion won't I? I
    Chris

SCOUSER

If I go to Donny to buy you a coffee I'll have to join the queue behind Scorpion won't I? I
    i had forgotten about him ...yes yes yes... two free cups of coffee ....life is good.... hallelujah